- Rocky Mountain Equipment
- Lethbridge, Alberta - 3939 1 Ave S, AB T1J 4P8
- Job Industry
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
JOB TITLE: Accounting Manager
POSITION TYPE: Permanent – Full time
BRANCH: Lethbridge, Alberta - 3939 1 Ave S, AB T1J 4P8
REPORTING TO: Controller
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
· Assist the Controller with the management and support of the ongoing activities of the Accounting group.
· Analysis and management of various P&L and Balance Sheet accounts as allocated among the Accounting group’s managers (Controller, Assistant Controller, and A/P Manager).
· Lead the accurate and timely close of the accounting period ends.
· Aid in the development, improvement, implementation, and design of policies and procedures.
· CSOX – support the development and maintenance as required.
· Manage daily activities, development, and performance of the General Accountant; including, performance reviews and establishing goals.
· Investigates and resolves financial results queries for internal customers.
· Performs business system (CDK) maintenance on tables and configurations owned by Accounting – Chart of Accounts, GL setup, etc.
· Coordinate and support audit requirements – internal and external.
· Supports the Treasury function with review and approval authority on routine payments and banking activities (after an appropriate period of service).
· Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
Job Requirements and Qualifications Include:
· 3+ years of general accounting experience or similar.
· A post-secondary degree in a related discipline.
· Designated accountant or nearing completion of an accounting designation (CPA).
· Past supervisory, coaching, or leadership experience.
· Working knowledge of general accounting principles and standards.
· Intermediate to advance skills in Microsoft Excel.
· Committed to ensuring deadlines are met.
· Possess a strong business acumen with a passion for working in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits including health and dental coverage, personal days, and an employee stock option plan that allows employees to contribute to an RRSP or Non-RRSP account that will be invested in RMDI stock.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be notified. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls regarding the status of an application.