Are you ambitious and ready for a challenge? If you’re looking for a company that appreciates your contributions, encourages initiative and creativity, Capital Engineering is a perfect fit. Our collaborative culture allows you to make a difference and be a key part of the team. Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oilsands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sectors throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management and multi-discipline engineering/design in order to efficiently support sustaining capital projects from engineering to construction support to C&SU activities. Whether we are in the field or back at our offices, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Controller to join our team.
What is the role?
As the Controller, you will report directly to the Managing Partner and have responsibility for leading a small accounting/payroll department. The position is responsible for planning and directing all accounting operational functions, managing and compiling financial information for internal financial statements and management reports, assessing accounting and internal control systems, and overseeing bi-weekly payroll. The candidate in this position will handle key decisions and challenges, working with all members of the team. As a leader, you will encourage innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenge the status quo, and support creativity in your area of responsibility.
If you have a completed undergraduate degree, a minimum of 5 years of relevant progressive accounting experience, and have a Canadian accounting designation (CPA), we want to hear from you!
What do we value?
- Comprehensive knowledge in full cycle accounting, and expertise in financial statement preparation and reporting
- Payroll experience is an asset
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines and results
- Excellent business communication (written/verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills
- A self-starter with strong leadership, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills
- High ethical and professional standards
- Excellent technology, excel, and analytic skills
- Direct supervising experience
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently and under pressure
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s “Top 50 Best Workplaces” for 7 of the past 8 years
- Capital is a company that values safety – we have worked 15+ years Lost Time Injury Free (since April 2004)
- Excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan, including RRSP matching plan, sick leave, 100% company paid health benefits premiums and EFAP program
- Work life balance with flexible work schedules, including an option of a 4-day work week schedule
- Opportunities for continuing advancement through training and learning new skills
- Excellent work environment with modern office facilities, free parking, conveniently located near amenities and public transit. Our office includes a games room and an exercise gym with change rooms and showers
- Opportunities to participate in Edmonton in many company sponsored extra-curricular events, including the Edmonton and Area Corporate Challenge
This is a full-time permanent position located in Edmonton.