Senior Financial Analyst
RIDGEBACK RESOURCES INC. - JOB POSTING
Senior Financial Analyst (15 to 17 month contract)
Ridgeback has a temporary full-time position (15-17 month contract) available for a self-motivated Senior Financial Analyst. Reporting to the controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for financial reporting functions including monthly and quarterly reporting requirements and researching complex accounting issues. As a member of the Finance team, the role will have exposure to many different functions within finance and accounting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare various month end accruals with a focus on revenue, royalties and production costs
- Interact with the Operations team at both the head office and field offices
- Prepare sections of a monthly management package delivered to the Executive and Board of Directors
- Prepare monthly financial statements and supporting documentation
- Prepare quarterly external Financial Statements compliant with IAS 34
- Prepare quarterly and annual deferred tax provision and assist with other tax matters
- Coordinate and assist in completion of quarterly external reporting requirements including MD&A and board presentation materials
- Research and analyze IFRS and new accounting standards as required
- Monitor internal controls to ensure compliance with existing control environment
- Resolve various complex accounting issues
- Liaise with external auditors
- Assist the Controller, Finance team members and others within the organization with other internal financial reporting requirements and ad hoc projects and duties as requested
- Post-secondary education and completion of a professional accounting designation
- Exposure to oil and gas sector financial reporting would be beneficial
- Advanced spreadsheet capabilities
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with an attention to detail is necessary
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Exposure to Qbyte, Workiva and Hyperion Essbase would be beneficial
If you are interested in this opportunity please forward your resume to email@example.com, indicating the position title in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Kahn Halpern Marshall Chartered Professional Accountants
CAMBODIA | Finance Volunteer @ Non-Profit Support…
Accounting for International Development
Senior Project Accountant
ATCO Energy Solutions Ltd.
Payroll and Accounting Coordinator
College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta
OneSoft Solutions Inc.