RIDGEBACK RESOURCES INC. - JOB POSTING
Senior Financial Analyst (15 to 17 month contract)
Ridgeback has a temporary full-time position (15-17 month contract) available for a self-motivated Senior Financial Analyst. Reporting to the controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for financial reporting functions including monthly and quarterly reporting requirements and researching complex accounting issues. As a member of the Finance team, the role will have exposure to many different functions within finance and accounting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare various month end accruals with a focus on revenue, royalties and production costs
- Interact with the Operations team at both the head office and field offices
- Prepare sections of a monthly management package delivered to the Executive and Board of Directors
- Prepare monthly financial statements and supporting documentation
- Prepare quarterly external Financial Statements compliant with IAS 34
- Prepare quarterly and annual deferred tax provision and assist with other tax matters
- Coordinate and assist in completion of quarterly external reporting requirements including MD&A and board presentation materials
- Research and analyze IFRS and new accounting standards as required
- Monitor internal controls to ensure compliance with existing control environment
- Resolve various complex accounting issues
- Liaise with external auditors
- Assist the Controller, Finance team members and others within the organization with other internal financial reporting requirements and ad hoc projects and duties as requested
- Post-secondary education and completion of a professional accounting designation
- Exposure to oil and gas sector financial reporting would be beneficial
- Advanced spreadsheet capabilities
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with an attention to detail is necessary
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Exposure to Qbyte, Workiva and Hyperion Essbase would be beneficial
If you are interested in this opportunity please forward your resume to email@example.com, indicating the position title in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.