Financial Accountant (Maternity Leave Contract)
- Whitecap Resources Inc.
- Downtown Calgary
- Job Industry
- Oil & Gas/Mining Exploration and Development
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
- Contract (includes summer)
Whitecap Resources Inc. (“Whitecap”) is a Calgary based oil and gas company that is engaged in the business of acquiring, developing and holding interests in petroleum and natural gas properties and assets. Whitecap's common shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WCP”.
Whitecap is looking to add an experienced Financial Accountant to their Calgary head office team. Reporting to the Manager, Financial Reporting & Tax, the successful candidate will work with a high‐ performance team whose main objective is to ensure timely and accurate financial information.
Please note that this is a 12-month contract position to cover a maternity leave, with the possibility of extension.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual internal and external reporting.
- Preparing monthly working papers and account reconciliations in order to facilitate the month-end close processes.
- Assisting with quarterly reviews & year-end financial audit.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for improved process and efficiency.
- Assisting in the assessment of oil & gas-related accounting issues.
- Preparing annual internal control testing and documentation.
- Other duties and project work as assigned.
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Canadian Chartered Accountant or Chartered Professional Accountant designation is required.
- “Big 4” accounting firm experience is strongly preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive post-designation accounting experience, preferably in the upstream oil & gas industry.
- Strong understanding of IFRS and internal controls over financial reporting.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and work within deadlines.
- Prior experience with Qbyte FM and Optix would be considered an asset.
Interested candidates should forward their resume to Jason Schultz, Manager, Financial Reporting & Tax at email@example.com by July 13, 2019.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those
candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
More search results
Senior Associate, Investments
Invico Capital Corporation
Board Member - Volunteer
Canadian Parks & Wilderness Society (CPAWS) - Southern Alberta Chapter
Accountant, Fixed Assets - (Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
Manager of Accounting & Controls
Silvera For Seniors