Coordinator Terminals Accounting
Gibson Energy is a leading oil-focused infrastructure company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. With nearly 12 million barrels of storage, and over 500 km of crude pipelines, we touch 1 in every 4 barrels produced in Western Canada. Utilizing this focused asset base, along with our dedicated and talented employees, we help create value for our customers while generating stable, long-term cash flow.
We are currently looking for a Coordinator Terminals Accounting. This a 12-month fixed term position.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB:
Coordinate the accurate and efficient completion of monthly accounting records for Infrastructure Terminals. Assist in the preparation of various operating reports for all management levels and provide reliable information to management as required.
- Identify and interpret items of financial and operational relevance and effectively communicate suggested solutions of unusual items to the Supervisor of Terminals Accounting.
- Prepare general ledger journal entries as needed, and based on monthly, quarterly and annual requirements.
- Completion of Monthly Operating Results package to meet established deadlines.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from Supervisor Terminals, Project Engineers, and BU Management.
- Assist in the budgeting and forecasting process for the Business Unit.
- Interpret and execute agreements as required.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing of terminals volumes including tracking of and accounting for special billing arrangements.
- Liaise with Volumetric Accounting and Shippers.
- Coordinate and analyze the payment of property taxes with consultant and Gibson staff with the objective of tax minimization.
- Participate in the testing and implementation of new system releases.
- Complete account reconciliations including investigating and documenting reasons for variances between actual and accrued results.
- Provide accounting expertise in the continuous improvement of current business processes and in the formulation of new business processes.
- Manage our AFE’s as required for the business unit.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates a personal commitment and proactive approach to Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) through participation in all applicable EH&S programs and ensures safe operation of the branch, team or unit and compliance with all Company EH&S policies and procedures
- Ensure the accurate and efficient completion of financial requirements (as they relate to the above) based on pre-assigned deadlines and IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to provide meaningful information to management in order that they may utilize the information to make timely decisions
- Able to suggest process changes, get approval and follow through with implementation.
- Self motivated to achieve agreed upon goals and objectives.
- Adaptable, innovative, and a well-organized team player.
- Ability to effectively interact with other individuals at all levels of the Company.
- Ability to work independent with little supervision.
- Progressive post-secondary accounting education with a view towards a professional accounting designation.
- 3 years related work experience.
- Experience in the use of relational database systems and proficient with Windows-based applications including spreadsheet, word processing and database software.
- Intermediate Excel.
- Knowledge of the crude oil industry considered an asset.
- Knowledge in Joint Venture Accounting considered an asset.