- South East Calgary
- Commensurate with experience
- Job Industry
- Public Accounting
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Are you looking to expand your experience in the public accounting industry? Please apply today!
This position is ideal for an individual who would like to expand their bookkeeping and accounting knowledge in a public practice environment, with an eye to further education and a career in the accounting industry.
Enrolment in the CPA or CPB program is not a requirement but would be welcomed.
Job Functions and Duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Payroll – monthly and semi-monthly
- T-slip preparation and reconciliations
- Personal tax preparation, including investments, self-employment and rental schedules
- Inter-corporate reconciliations
- Bank, payroll and tax reconciliations
- Support documentation for year end compilations.
- One to three years of bookkeeping or similar experience
- Post-secondary education in a business program.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, strong organizational skills, and attention to deadlines.
- Proficiency with both QuickBooks and Sage 50 (Simply Accounting) software.
- Experience with Tax Cycle or similar tax software will be considered an asset.
- Experience with Investment corporations and corporate groups will be considered an asset.
Alvares & McLeod is a small, but busy practice with an emphasis on work life balance and professional mentorship. We provide our staff with a flexible health spending account, and many long weekends through the summer months. For the right candidate, this position is a great steppingstone into the experience required for the CPA and CPB programs.
More search results
Senior Associate, Investments
Invico Capital Corporation
Board Member - Volunteer
Canadian Parks & Wilderness Society (CPAWS) - Southern Alberta Chapter
Accountant, Fixed Assets - (Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
Manager of Accounting & Controls
Silvera For Seniors