Supporting Volker Stevin Canada and its diverse group of related companies, the Senior Accountant will support the Assistant Controller, Corporate in supervising the accounting and finance department, and executing financial reporting and accounting activities / processes for all companies.
The Senior Accountant will:
- Assist the Assistant Controller, Corporate with financial reporting and information analysis to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with full-cycle accounting through recording of monthly adjustments and involvement in determining accurate accounting and tax treatment of complex or unusual transactions.
- Assist with preparing formal analysis of our monthly financial results, corporate spending and other areas as required.
- Assist with process documentation, analysis, and control recommendations for all cycles within our group of companies.
- Assist peers through performing other functions within the Accounting group as required (this may include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, etc).
- Provide strategic, implementation, and technical accounting support for special projects as needed by the Assistant Controller, Corporate Controller, Divisional Controllers, and/or CFO.
- Provide timely financial reporting of tasks assigned to the Assistant Controller, Corporate.
- Preparing and posting corporate journal entries for all entities in the Volker Stevin Canada group of companies.
- Demonstrate a solution-driven approach with respect to issues identified in accounting practices or internal controls.
- Provide value-added business process analysis, including analysis of process weaknesses, implications and recommendations.
- Maintain a high level of organization on all aspects of data management.
- Maintain a high level of discretion in all confidential issues.
- Maintain a professional image with internal and external contacts.
The Ideal Candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA or equivalent) required.
- Relevant post-secondary business degree in accounting or finance.
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge and application in IFRS and Canadian ASPE frameworks.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in a professional environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Detail oriented, ability to show initiative and take responsibility.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in construction industry, an asset.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Advanced Excel skills, including but not limited to Pivot tables and V-Lookups.
- Experience with Vista by Viewpoint ERP, or another relevant ERP, an asset.
Volker Stevin offers competitive wages and benefits - Medical, Dental, RRSP contributions and more. Volker Stevin is a great career choice!
The position may close upon finding the right candidate, and therefore may close sooner than the indicated date. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply?
Send your Resume to:
Reference Job ID# 910401912
More search results
Senior Associate, Investments
Invico Capital Corporation
Board Member - Volunteer
Canadian Parks & Wilderness Society (CPAWS) - Southern Alberta Chapter
Accountant, Fixed Assets - (Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
Manager of Accounting & Controls
Silvera For Seniors