- W.P. Puppet Theatre Society
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
Description of Charity/Foundation:
WP Puppet Theatre uses the power of puppetry to impact positive social change. Through our puppetry infused learning opportunities and performances we inspire, challenge, empower, support expression and encourage empathy in our audiences and participants. Based in Calgary, AB, in 1991 as an NFP charity, we tour regionally and internationally. Our programs include:
• Production and performance of original puppet theatre for schools and communities.
• Presentation of a wide range of on and off-line learning experiences in schools and communities.
• Facilitate VIEW from the Inside a puppet infused program promoting positive mental health
• Puppet power training for all helping professionals i.e.: teachers, social workers, and therapists.
• Support emerging puppetry artists by providing opportunities to showcase their craft.
• Produce ‘Puppet Power’ – biennial international conference/festival on applied puppetry.
Description of Role:
Have you a head for Accounting and a love for Arts?
We are looking for a Treasurer to join our Board of Directors. This position oversees our annual notice to reader and internal board review, they review and report on our finances quarterly and assist with budgets and contracts. Our annual budget is about with $150,000 with funds primarily from earned revenue, casino and grants. A broad network of business and community connections would be an asset. We have a bookkeeper for our statement and reporting preparation.
We meet about every two months either in person or digitally. We ask for a 2-3 year term commitment.
Accounting and Bookkeeping.
2 Years or More
More search results
BELIZE | Volunteer Accountant @ NGO Developing Wo…
Accounting for International Development
Group Chief Financial Officer
PCI Developments LP & Warrington PCI Management
Treasurer for Non-Profit Board of Directors
Waste Free Edmonton
CPA Articling Student
Sander Rose Bone Grindle LLP - 342578
Credit Manager (Bilingual)
Farm Credit Canada