Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Financial Officer is a key member of the Pieridae leadership team that delivers on challenging operational and financial objectives. The successful candidate will be a hands-on executive that thrives on growing the business to deliver tangible economic results. The position requires a near term focus on overseeing the company’s capital raising efforts in addition to financial planning and reporting while applying longer term strategic skills to growing the business. Possessing exceptional interpersonal skills, this executive will develop, maintain and expand an extensive network of strategic relationships throughout the industry including investment partners, lenders, government agencies and the brokerage community.
The ideal candidate will be self-starter that acts with integrity and works collaboratively to focus efforts on all elements of the business and finances that lead to improved EBITDA and overall strong business performance.
- Business Development; the ideal candidate will be highly detail oriented as the position requires sourcing and execution of deals including the development of legal documents and negotiating with counterparties in a fast paced, ever changing set of circumstances.
- Financial Planning and Reporting; The CFO is responsible for ensuring effective cash management, developing and delivering strategic financial plans, reporting and analyzing financial and non-financial data and acting as a partner to the Chief Executive Officer. This position is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate reporting to the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Department Oversight; Ensuring that effective financial processes and controls are in place to support the company’s accounting, control, audit, tax, insurance and budgeting functions with a specific focus on leading, mentoring and growing the team.
- Strategic Decision Making; The CFO acts as a business support partner for all investment and development projects and reviews the feasibility, cost and revenue budgets and forecasts for proposed and in progress projects. The position will ensure the monitoring and reporting on project financial performance and proactively manages financial risks and opportunities with the CEO and other Officers of the Company.
- Ensures proper management oversight of joint ventures including providing financial or transactional services under joint venture agreements and ensures that all filing and ad-hoc reporting requirements of joint venture partners, lenders or other commercial or investment banks are prepared in a timely and accurate manger.
The responsibilities listed are provided as an outline and are not intended to create limits to responsibility, but to provide guidance as to the scope of the position.
Education, experience and skills:
- Post graduate degree in a related discipline including an accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CMA, CA).
- Minimum of ten to fifteen (10-15) years of relevant finance and deal delivery experience including five (5) years’ experience in a senior management role with a growth-oriented company.
- Proven track record of work in creating and realizing shareholder value as a member of the operating or investment team.
- A thorough comprehension and demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex documents and respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries while also able to negotiate and interact with a diverse population of stakeholders.
- Experience dealing with complex financial models including capital investment analysis, bank covenants and the nuances of private equity.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a proven track record of advising senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to create and influence strategies and build positive working relationships at all levels fostering trust, collaboration and teamwork.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess risk, evaluate alternatives and make timely decisions on the best course of action.
- Ability to effectively manage workloads with multiple activities and deadlines.
- Experience working in a multi divisional complex organization is preferable.