Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is hiring a Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting on a permanent basis at our Home Office in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Who we are:
As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. Our work is guided by our values of integrity, excellence and responsibility and driven by our vision of building sustainable communities together. To learn more about who we are, visit www.fcl.crs.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting will oversee the completion of the monthly management reporting process, quarterly board reports, annual budget and audit including external financial statements. The Senior Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day accounting, financial reporting, and budgeting activities while ensuring proper internal controls, and developing/enhancing accounting and financial reporting processes and policies.
- Manage a team of 3 direct reports and approximately 60 indirect reports including: onboarding, training, career development, and performance management.
- Work closely with FCL business units to meet their financial reporting and analysis needs to run their businesses efficiently. Provide assistance (such as financial analysis and benchmarking) to business units making key operating decisions.
- Support enhancements to our JDEdwards financial system and the implementation of other supporting financial systems that focus on efficiency improvements.
- Update and reengineer relevant internal processes and procedures to maximize the functionality of our systems.
Why it matters:
We help local Co-ops grow and thrive by offering a range of professional services, including marketing, market research, information technology, human resources, accounting, risk management and business development.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Finance and:
- You have a Bachelor of Commerce/Business (with Accounting major).
- You have a minimum of 8+ years of relevant progressively responsible accounting experience, including 3-5 years of supervisory experience. (a combination of relevant education and experience may be considered). CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) designation is required.
- You’re familiar with International Financial Reporting Standards, have system implementation experience (desired) and knowledge of key accounting concepts You also have strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills, and have demonstrated ongoing continued professional development.
- JDEdwards or large ERP sytems knowledge is considered an asset
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
- You believe in collaboration, building relationships and value the perspectives of others.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, short-term incentives, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop, and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
FCL embraces diversity and inclusion and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows every person to bring their whole self to work
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to apply by August 30, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Please note you may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.