- Alberta Boilers Safety Association (ABSA)
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
ABSA (www.absa.ca) is an Edmonton based not-for-profit organization that is looking for an FC for its management team.
The FC will have oversight of the accounting function of the organization in areas such as payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and financial reporting.
In addition, the FC will have an active role in the following areas:
- Assist in formulating the organization’s future direction and providing of support to initiatives undertaken
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to the finance department
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Manage the financial reporting and the budgeting process
- Develop performance measures that support the organization’s strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the management team
- Manage the reporting for the bank and external auditors and the Board of Directors
- Oversee the organization’s transaction process system
- Monitor cash balances and forecasts and maintain banking relationships
- Manage investments in accordance with the investment policies of the organization
- Manage property rental and service provider contracts
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the organization’s risk profile
- Monitor any outstanding legal issues involving the organization that pertain to the accounting function
- Identify, develop, implement and monitor control systems
- Ensure appropriate insurance coverage is maintained
- Ensure that the organization complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
The position offers a competitive package including benefits.
Applicants should have a Canadian CPA designation with a minimum of 3-5 years post-designation experience. Applicants are asked to provide their salary expectations.