As an innovative leader, TrustBIX provides agri-food traceability solutions in Canada, United States, China and Mexico. By addressing consumer and agri-food business demands, the Company hopes to become the most trusted and largest source of third-party food traceability and sustainability information globally – Gate to Plate®. TrustBIX Inc.’s focus is to create a world where we trust more, waste less and reward sustainable behaviour. The Company’s proprietary, leading-edge and secure distributed ledger platform, Business InfoXchange System (BIX), and its unique use of incentive solutions, is able to deliver independent validation of food provenance and sustainable production practices within the supply chain. ViewTrak Technologies Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary, provides a suite of hardware and software solutions to the livestock industry in North America and China, such as Auction Master Pro, Market Master, Feedlot Solutions and pork grading probes.
The Company is excited in recruiting for this newly created role that it is a mixture of hands on granular accounting (e.g. preparing/approving journal entries) as well as preparing public company financial statements under IFRS. The successful candidate will work closely with the CFO, and will be accountable for but not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities as pertaining to aspects of A/P, A/R, and cash
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts, including fixed asset sub-ledger maintenance
- Review and preparation of general journal entries related to inventory, unearned revenue and bank reconciliations
- Preparation of month-end management reports
- Completing regular quarter end and year end entries (closing entries, accruals, financial entries, allocations)
- Prepare quarterly working papers and unaudited condensed consolidated financial statements and reports in accordance with IFRS
- Prepare required documentation and audit working papers for year-end audit
- Work closely with external auditors, as required
- Preparation of year-end financial statements and reports in accordance with IFRS
- Preparation of entity level financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of working papers for and reviewing annual tax returns
- Review GST and USA state sale and use tax returns
- Other duties assigned by the CFO
The ideal candidate has three years post designation within an assurance group from an international accounting firm and has good working knowledge of IFRS. You are a senior accountant or manager looking to take the next step in your career.
The compensation for this role is $80,000 to $100,000 plus benefits depending on the level of experience.
If you are interested in advancing your career from a public practice or industry to the next level please send your resume to email@example.com or call (780) 271-8571.