Our client is a private company focused on development of its core energy assets in the Alberta market. Founded 15 years ago, it's positioned for substantial growth of its proven business model, and their growth is supported by mid & downstream opportunities internally/externally funded.
Activities and Responsibilities
As a member of a growing team, you are the point in business and financial analysis with the following responsibilities;
- Take direction on projects from the CEO and CFO applying analytical, research and presentation skills
- While working in a group structure, look for opportunities through initiative, communication and daily interaction.
- Conduct industry research and analysis to assess impacts to current assets and identify BD opportunities, primarily in oil and gas.
- Develop and audit sophisticated financial models.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and notes, including the preparation of supporting schedules.
- Provide support for corporate planning and investor/Board of Director presentations. This will include projects related to identifying and supporting acquisitions in the focus areas.
- Some external communications with partners and services.
Why Consider This Role?
• The Executives and Directors have several success stories to their names. It’s an excellent opportunity if you’re interested in working for a growing, entrepreneurial company.
• You are part of the decision-making process.
• The company focuses on strategic objectives while creating long-term value for shareholders.
• You will have an impact on the BD function; the visibility provides for personal & professional upside.
• Depending on your career plan, you can impact your future in many ways.
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the Business Analyst will report to the CFO and will work directly with accounting, engineering and management. The company has 6 fulltime staff, communication and trust is critical.
- Your education may come from several business or technical degrees. Commerce, Law, Economics, Engineering, and a CPA, CFA or MBA is an asset. You have 4+ years of progressive experience gained with an exposure to E&P companies, or clients in that sector, in Western Canada. It is key that you have excellent analytical/quantitative skills and knowledge of corporate finance, accounting and valuations. You have initiated well thought out ideas resulting in a track record of value and trust in your work. You possess an energetic style, an attention to detail, lead by example and have a desire to get down to work. You will also be able to motivate your teammates to produce results within tight timeframes and manage competing deadline requirements for your time. Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel is required.
- Other projects as provided by management.