Manager, Non Audit
You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 207,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 153 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Overview of the opportunity:
KPMG Enterprise is looking for a well-rounded experienced Manager to join our growing group in Edmonton. In this role, you will work directly with clients, staff and partners to deliver non-audit assurance, accounting and tax services for private clients. The ideal candidate will have public practice experience working with private companies, strong technical accounting skills and tax knowledge.
What you will do:
- Manage and Review Notice to Reader Engagements, Review Engagements and Tax Compliance Engagements including corporate, personal, partnership and trust returns for private clients;
- Apply knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE);
- Accept accountability for overall engagement completion and ensure all deadlines are communicated and met both internally with staff and partners and externally with clients;
- Assist partners in client receivables and billings;
- Apply professional judgment when making non-routine decisions and seek guidance where appropriate;
- Identify and analyze client needs and provide comprehensive solutions and advice;
- Provide exceptional service to our clients and foster excellent relationships as a trusted private company business advisor;
- Meet with clients to review results and deliver final report;
- Develop a thorough understanding of firm services, businesses and industry through experiential learning;
- Manage and lead engagement teams effectively;
- Train and develop junior staff as a mentor;
- Act as a Performance Manager to staff.
What you bring to the role:
- Qualified CPA with experience working in a management role (minimum number of 2 years as a manager) in an Assurance and Tax environment in a public practice firm;
- Strong technical accounting and tax knowledge;
- Experience working with private companies of all sizes;
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to manage time and adhere to strict deadlines and budget;
- Superior interpersonal skills and leadership skills with a commitment to mentoring;
- Demonstrate ability to develop a positive rapport with clients and develop business relationships with clients to understand their needs and execute plans to meet their objectives.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.