Want to be a part of the amazing team that makes exceptional events happen at the Camrose Regional Exhibition? We have a great opportunity for a Controller to start in October 2019.
Who You Are:
- A CPA designated accountant with 8+ years’ experience in full-cycle accounting, demonstrating progressing responsibility.
- Extremely professional with high integrity, ethics, confidentiality and a strong work ethic.
- Results driven and detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy who can multi-task and adapt to changing priorities and business needs.
- Excellent communicator and problem solver who works closely with others to achieve common goals.
- Smart, organized and able to work well under pressure, with knowledge of the not-for-profit/events industries and current/projected market conditions.
- Experienced with Quickbooks and advanced skills in MS Excel; experience with EventPro is an asset.
What You Will Do:
- Manage and oversee all accounting functions, including staff management and motivation of the team.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting, payroll and financial functions.
- Ensure that the company’s accounting policies are updated as required by changes in business or changes in GAAP and that procedures are efficient and effective.
- Ensure that monthly financial statements are prepared and monitor performance against annual operating budgets; advise the Executive Director of risks and financial issues.
- Generate and deliver monthly management reports and other reports required to support managerial decision-making, including:
- Cash flow reports
- Sales reports
- Event profitability reports
- Perform fiscal year-end accounting close outs, attend the financial statement review meeting with the external accounting firm, and make necessary year-end adjustments.
- Lead the budgeting process in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Monitor economic forecasts and market conditions to plan and purchase US dollars with optimal foreign exchange rates.
- Provide strategic direction on financial related matters and co-lead the strategic planning process in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Support the CRE & PPL management team by providing financial analysis, due diligence and proforma scenarios related to potential new ventures (new events, event cancellations, new divisions/services, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, etc.), including launching, integrating and leading initiatives as appropriate.
- Scrutinize and authorize all major spending for BVJ, events, capital and operation expenses aligned with the level of authority.
- Prepare all company bank reconciliations, daily bank deposits and proactively monitors transactions and balances.
- Ensure accurate journal entries are made, maintain the general ledger and balance all accounts.
- Code and process payments for all vendor invoices; validating against packing slips/delivery confirmation and purchase orders.
- Process credit applications, address customer invoice questions, prepare statements, make collections calls and complete cash applications.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and event/service/product investment decisions.
- Maintain all accounting files and CRE/PPL’s accounting system; implement changes as required.
- Prepare PPL payroll accurately and complete all appropriate deductions and remittances.
- Prepare and distribute PPL T4’s, records of employment and liaise with Service Canada.
- Maintain PPL employee personnel files, ensuring confidentiality of contents.
- Remit WCB payments and coordinate with WCB on payroll information, etc. as required.
- In conjunction with operations, supports the inventory count process, including reconciliation and data entry of count, etc.
- Participate in board meetings and committees as required, prepare board information packages, etc.
- Participate in community involvement; events and municipal meetings as appropriate.
- Maintain accounting and payroll knowledge by taking note of relevant legislative changes and attending training as appropriate.
- Conduct event related (BVJ and other as assigned) responsibilities including but not limited to hiring and supervising BVJ central bank staff and ticketing auditor, BVJ liquor orders (contractual and patron), contract negotiations, subcontractor management, emergency communications planning and execution, oversight on gaming activities, post event reporting, etc.
This is an exciting full-time opportunity with a competitive base salary and a flexible benefits package.
Are you the ideal Controller to become part of the CRE team? Apply today!