Senior Financial Analyst, Equipment and Capital Assets
Reporting directly to the Manager of Equipment and Capital Asset Accounting, the Senior Financial Analyst, Equipment and Capital Assets is responsible for analysis of depreciation, equipment costs, recoveries, site performance, equipment rates, standard costing and labour rates. This position also assists with financial analysis, reporting to senior management and quarterly reviews and year end audits related to fixed assets, inventory and maintenance revenue.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly financial activities including the preparation of financial reports and analysis on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis, ensuring they are in accordance with US GAAP.
- Analyze equipment ownership and operating costs against internal equipment rates.
- Provide analysis on annual components’ target lives changes.
- Provide reporting and analysis on equipment rate recoveries, capital assets depreciation and rental expenditures.
- Provide analysis on maintenance labour factor and rates to multiple sites.
- Analyze burn rate on running repairs costs and provide feedback to the executives.
- Oversee the setup and maintenance of fixed asset and shops.
- Provide analysis on inventory purchases and usage.
- Collaborate with IT to maintain system integrity of transactional impacts on the Fixed Asset Module in JD Edwards.
- Coordinate projects and initiatives with other members of the finance, treasury, tax, procurement, fleet management and maintenance teams.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Provide coaching and training to various staff members to ensure a good working level.
- Support other special projects and perform ad hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- University degree.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation required.
- Minimum three years’ experience relating to financial accounting and analysis.
- Industrial construction and/or mining experience including equipment accounting preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think from multiple perspectives.
- Mature attitude and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Solid understanding of equipment and labour costing.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks under tight timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with the direct managers and other stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of all functions of the JD Edwards system preferred.
More search results
Senior Financial Analyst - Growth to Controller!
Robert Half Canada
Robert Half Canada
Millar Western Forest Products Ltd.
CAMBODIA | Finance Volunteer @ Non-Profit Support…
Accounting for International Development
Payroll and Accounting Coordinator
College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta