Internal Audit Manager
- Alberta Health Services
- Edmonton or Calgary
- $34.52 - $59.20 per hour
- Job Industry
- Health Care and Social Services
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance, CPA Candidate Position – experience verification route, CPA Candidate Position – pre-approved program route
- Job Type
Internal Audit Manager
Requisition #: ALB00121103
Location: Edmonton or Calgary
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Salary: $34.52 - $59.20 per hour
We care for people. Together.
Alberta Health Services (AHS) is seeking an experienced professional in Edmonton or Calgary who is passionate about driving success and reaching objectives by sharing their expertise in internal auditing for the role of Senior Internal Auditor. It is an exciting time to be a part of our Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management team as we strive to achieve our fundamental goal to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services to continually improve the operations of AHS.
As the Manager, Internal Audit, you will report to the Director of Internal Audit and lead a diverse range of challenging operational audits, advisory and investigative projects. You will provide management advice and assistance regarding risk mitigation, internal control practices and effectiveness and efficiency of business processes. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on health care within Alberta by bringing a disciplined approach to evaluating and improving AHS’ risk management, internal control and governance processes. If you enjoy collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders to support them in accomplishing their business plan goals, we'd love to talk to you!
Specific Accountabilities: Identify opportunities to enhance risk management, internal control and governance processes and develop appropriate recommendations to management for improvement; Provide leadership to a team of professionals as they conduct assurance, advisory and investigative projects; Complete risk assessments that inform our team’s audit plan and specific project objectives; Develop and maintain strong relationships with fellow team members and clients at all levels of the organization; and Communicate project results to senior management and the Audit and Finance Committee.
- Undergraduate degree in business, or related field, and a CPA accounting designation.
- Minimum of five years of experience in internal or external audit.
- Minimum of three years of management and supervisory experience.
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet and related applications, including Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong writing skills, with an ability to articulate complex issues clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects while meeting project timelines.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Internal audit designation such as CIA or CISA.
- Experience in an organization of significant size, complexity and diversity or healthcare. Experience conducting operational audits.
- Experience conducting IT audits. Strong data analytics skills (ACL, Tableau, other).
- Working knowledge of audit software such as TeamMate.