The Alberta Medical Association is recruiting for an Accounting Technician to join our finance team. The finance department provides a broad range of financial services to the AMA and administered programs, including financial reporting, budget management, grant management and treasury
Why join the AMA?
At the AMA, we know that employees are fundamental to our success as an organization. We take pride in hiring client-oriented relationship builders who embrace teamwork, personal growth and development and truly want to help us succeed. As part of our “employee experience” we provide a competitive compensation package, benefits, work-life balance and development opportunities.
As an Accounting Technician, you will work as part of a team to maintain the books of accounts for the AMA. You will be responsible for completing various accounting and finance functions, including:
- Preparation of financial statements included posting journal entries, reviewing variances and resolving concerns.
- Maintain the transfer pricing schedule and oversee the accuracy and integrity of the capital ledger.
- Prepare monthly and annual regulatory filings and returns.
- Support the budget preparation process.
- Ensuring compliance with established financial policies and procedures and in accordance with Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Providing reports, documents and answering questions for external auditors.
As an ideal candidate you possess the following qualifications:
Education and experience
- Diploma in accounting, finance or an equivalent discipline
- 3 years of accounting experience, preferably in a not for profit environment. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Highly proficient with MS office and familiarity with accounting computer software.
- Well organized and very detail orientated.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; along with good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently but also as part of a team encouraging an environment of cooperation, collaboration, and respect.
Who are we?
The AMA advances patient-centered, quality care by advocating for and supporting physician leadership and wellness. Alberta’s physicians and the AMA are committed to Patients First®. For more information on the AMA please visit our website at www.albertadoctors.org.
How to Apply:
If are interested in this role, please submit a cover letter and resume, in confidence, on or before, October 14 to:
Alberta Medical Association
This position will remain open until October 14 or until a suitable candidate is selected. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
An employment offer for the succesfful candidate will be contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a background check, including a criminal record check.
More search results
Northwest Territories Power Corporation
fg Professional Corporation, Chartered Professional Accountants
The People Placement Group
Director of Finance
Vecova Centre for Disability Services and Research
Wood Products Controller
Millar Western Forest Products Ltd.