- Vertefeuille Rempel CPA LLP
- 504, 304 8th Avenue SW
- Staff Accountant
- Job Industry
- Public Accounting
- Job Category
- CPA Candidate Position – experience verification route
- Job Type
Our firm is looking for a driven and focused individual to join our team!
We are looking for an intermediate level individual with recent experience at a public practice firm and a background in: accounting, financial statement preparation and tax preparation. Work is performed under supervision and responsibilities increase with demonstrated skill.
Key Characteristics for success in this role are:
- Customer service driven approach
- Forward thinking
- Organization and scheduling of multiple tasks
- Effective communication skills
Key Responsibilities of this role are:
- Completion of small to mid-sized compilation engagements. Challenge all aspects of these engagements, including tax planning, financial statement disclosures, etc.
- Work on assigned sections of larger client engagements under supervision of more senior staff or partner
- Preparation of corporate and personal tax returns, trust returns, and T4/T5 slips
- Preparation of GST returns and payroll calculations
- Perform bookkeeping procedures, as required
- Request assistance from more senior staff or partners when encountering difficulties completing engagements
- Be aware of engagement deadlines and be prepared to contribute to the on-time completion through overtime, if necessary
- Stay current on firm policies and procedures
- Participate in professional development sessions
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Successful completion of an accounting program (i.e. MRU, SAIT)
- 1-2 years of recent public practice experience
- Proficiency in CaseWare, JazzIt, TaxPrep, Sage and QuickBooks
- Strong analytical, technical and time-management skills
Our clients are amazing! Every day offers an opportunity for challenge and growth.
When you join VR, you are joining a firm that wants you to do much more than number-crunching. We want you to participate, to find creative solutions for our clients, to contribute to each of our client’s successes.
We strive to keep our team engaged, motivated and productive by providing a workplace that encourages, values and recognizes contributions. We offer a competitive salary and then we like to enjoy a little work-life balance.
More information about our firm can be located at www.vertrempel.com.