Internal Audit Director
- Robert Half Canada
- Edmonton, Alberta, CAN
- $150,000.00 to $160,000.00
- Job Industry
- Oil & Gas/Mining Exploration and Development
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Our publicly traded client is seeking an Internal Audit Director to lead its internal audit team. The Internal Audit Director is responsible for the on-going maintenance of a top-down risk-based approach to internal controls over financial reporting in a growth oriented environment including: documentation and assessment of changes to the control environment and related risk assessments; documentation and monitoring of control activities to ensure controls are functioning effectively and also communication of results. An in-depth understanding of the COSO internal control framework; the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley, Bill 198 and National Instrument 52-109; thorough knowledge of ASPE, IFRS and other financial reporting trends will ensure success in this role.
Qualifications for the Internal Audit Director include:
• Internal audit designation (CIA or CISA) and/or CPA
• 8+ years post designation auditing/ERM experience
• Effective project management and leadership skills
• Ability to communicate results and proactively remediate and mitigate risks
• Proven relationship building with all levels of management.