Director of Finance
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Vecova Centre for Disability Services and Research (Vecova) is a leading edge accredited charitable organization that supports people through progressive practices that bring together disability services, research, social innovation and social enterprise.
Vecova’s Vision is to create a society where persons with disabilities are valued and integral members of society. A society where Persons with disabilities:
- are active and engaged within the community.
- are included and embraced within the community.
- have the highest attainable standards of wellbeing.
- are resilient and enrich the community.
- are safe and secure within the community.
Vecova achieves this through its Mission, building the capacity of persons with disabilities and enriching communities through leadership, innovation and collaboration.
Vecova provides a wide range of services and supports in the Calgary and surrounding communities, for persons with disabilities and the community. Vecova provides services and supports through an Integrated Service Model to meet the changing needs of our consumers so they may reach their fullest potential and benefit from the highest possible quality of life. These services are provided to consumers of all ages and abilities with varying levels of support - from some support to extensive support. In addition, Vecova operates successful social enterprises that have a social mandate, employing persons with disabilities or barriers to employment and investing in Vecova.
Vecova is seeking an experienced leader to join the Senior Leadership Team, as the Director of Finance. The Director of Finance will provide leadership, act as a key partner in the growth of Vecova’s services and enterprises; and will manage financial operations and stewardship of Vecova’s financial resources and assets under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
The Director of Finance is accountable for leading a high performing team to manage Vecova’s financial operations. Responsibilities will include:
- Plans, develops and implements a 3-year business plan for finance.
- Implements initiatives to support Vecova’s short and long term health and financial sustainability.
- Partners with other leaders to identify key financial targets to scale and grow operations, completes financial models to support business case for growth and/or expansion.
- Analyzes financial results to budget, reporting on financial forecasts, cash flow projections and variance analysis.
- Manages the annual budget development process, makes design changes as required and, in conjunction with the CAO, and creates the operating budget.
- Contributes to the development of capital budgets and reserves targets.
- In conjunction with the CAO, leads the financial review process and prepares quarterly financial reports, identifying year-end and rolling forecast projections.
- Ensures internal and external financial reports are provided in a timely and consistent manner and meet compliance standards.
- Designs and implements business processes to manage financial operations and develops or revises policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Leads annual internal audit preparation process.
- In conjunction with the CAO and other leaders, identifies and secures resources to fund growth and to procure or replace capital assets.
- Implements evaluative metrics to measure the effectiveness of finance operations and develops plans to improve the outcomes of these operations.
- Ensures finance operations are in compliance with: GAAP, ASNPO reporting requirements, legislative and contractual obligations; and effectively manages or mitigates risks associated with these operations.
- Develops and maintains relations with key stakeholders, including financial partners, granters, government, etc.
The Director of Finance will be fluent in the management of financial operations and financial stewardship of resources and assets in a nonprofit or charity environment.
As the leader of a high preforming team in a fast-paced dynamic environment, the Director of Finance will build strong relations and drive results aligned with Vecova’s mission and vision.
Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
- The ideal candidate will hold a CPA designation, have an undergraduate degree in Commerce or Business Administration with a minimum of five years of progressively more complex financial managerial experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience with a focus on financial and business operations.
- The Director of Finance will also have the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of non-profit sector, experience with ASNPO reporting and relevant legislation and industry standards impacting business operations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and accounting software.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and effective stewardship of financial resources.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and results-oriented environment.
- A passion for Vecova’s vision and mission.
- Excellent analytical skills, with a proven ability to support strategic decision-making.
- Demonstrated knowledge of successful business practices.
- Ability to build strong relationships with a variety of stakeholder audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
Vecova offers a competitive compensation package. Posting expires November 4, 2019; however, position will remain open until the successful candidate is chosen.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their covering letter and resume online attention to:
The Chief Administrative Officer
3304 – 33rd Street NW
Calgary, AB T2L 2A6
To Apply : https://vecova.microsoftcrmportals.com
All enquiries and submissions will be maintained in strict confidence. We would like to thank all applicants; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.