Our client is a well-positioned global leader with history of stable stock prices, strong capital investments and solid employee reviews is looking for a Financial Controller.
The Controller will be part of financial management team within this organization. This position will be a hands-on leader who can develop the financial function to higher standards. The Controller will be responsible for timely month, quarter and year end reporting, managing the accounting department and administrative team, monitoring company’s financial performance and formulating strategies that aid future growth.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Perform month-end, quarter-end and year-end activities, such as determining depreciation, tax provision, accruals and prepaid
- Review reconciliations prepared monthly by administrative staff
- Ensure that any required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Issue timely and complete financial statements and related reports to comply with reporting requirements
- Monitor and improve all costing procedures
- Aid with the development of quarterly and annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide financial analyses as needed
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Prepare/review by-weekly payroll
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivable is collected promptly and that a direct follow-up is performed on slow paying customers
- Comply with provincial and federal government tax filings requirements
- Provide pertinent information to external auditors when required
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the accounting and administrative department and maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Help with the development of the financial forecasts and strategies
- Assist in the development of financial performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements, as well as with guidelines
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government
- 5+ years’ experience managing or supervising office operations and administration for small to mid-sized organization.
- Professional demeanor and proven customer service skills
- Details oriented and organized.
- Skilled communicator with proven ability to build effective collaborative relationships to advance organizational goals.
- Expert knowledge and experience of office IT procedures, Word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Expert understanding of financial statements and budgeting.
- Proven skills in managing transactions in different currencies.
- Willing for occasional travel.
- University/College degree in business administration.
- CPA (CA, CMA, or CGA) designation is required.
Open minded, reliable, flexible and possess strong organizational skills. A high degree of independence, communication skills and a highly developed customer focused attitude. A great atmosphere, excellent compensation package including comprehensive benefits.
If you think you’re the right fit for this role and this company, and you think they’re the right fit for you apply today and I can tell you more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
More search results
Millar Western Forest Products Ltd.
CAMBODIA | Finance Volunteer @ Non-Profit Support…
Accounting for International Development
Payroll and Accounting Coordinator
College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta
OneSoft Solutions Inc.
The People Placement Group