- Edmonton, AB
- Job Industry
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Well established organization looking to strengthen our team with the addition of a dedicated Payroll and Benefits Administrator in our office located in Edmonton, AB.
Join our team and experience a rewarding and challenging work environment with skilled and supportive teammates who value winning together.
This position will report to the Controller and is directly responsible for processing all payroll and benefit related functions for branches located across Canada.
- Coordinating day-to-day payroll administration activities
- Managing and processing payroll for over 300 employees, including entering and maintaining data through the Ceridian system
- Managing benefit administration and annual renewal process
- Preparation and remittance of Source Deductions, Canada Savings Bonds, Provincial Health and Benefit plan payments
- Preparation and remittance of WCB premiums and Garnishee requests
- Accurate preparation of ROE’s and final pays by manual cheque
- Maintaining and validating timesheet submissions
- Generating cheque and electronic payment requests
- Preparing and posting all payroll related journal entries
- Investigating payroll discrepancies
- Providing customer service and reporting for payroll and benefit inquiries for both Managers and employees
- Reconciling all payroll related accounts
- Specialized reporting for Management
- Co-lead the selection, implementation and training of a new payroll system
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of general payroll experience; interprovincial experience an asset.
- Completion or in the process of completing the CPA Payroll Compliance Practitioner program
- Accounting knowledge: General Ledger, A/P and A/R
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ceridian experience would be considered an asset
- Good understanding of Employment Standards and other payroll related legislation including taxable benefits
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
The Successful candidate will be provided a dynamic work environment, competitive wages and comprehensive benefits.
All interested applicants are invited to apply.