- College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta
- Downtown Edmonton
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Talented people...inclusive culture...great benefits...join our team and experience it all!
The College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) regulates the practice of medicine in Alberta, a privilege granted to us under the Health Professions Act (HPA). As a not-for-profit organization, we are committed to protecting the public by guiding the medical profession, achieved through the values that drive our day-to-day work:
- We do the right thing.
- We make informed decisions.
- We empower people.
- We collaborate.
- We are innovators.
- We enjoy and find meaning in our work.
To support our commitment to Albertans, physicians and each other, CPSA is looking for new people to join our team.
Each CPSA team member plays a key role in making CPSA a great place to work by contributing to CPSA's goals and ensuring alignment with our people philosophy to be intrinsically invested in our work, our teams and each other.
We offer a positive and creative work environment, competitive salary, excellent benefits, and ongoing professional development opportunities.
Are you pursuing your CPA designation? Do you enjoy preparing financial statements and reports? Do you have experience with payroll? Are you a supportive team player?
As the Payroll and Accounting Coordinator, you will review the payroll process, administer the pension benefit plan, and provide assistance to the payroll and accounting team.
- Review month-end working papers prepared by Senior Accounting Clerk.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements and reporting.
- Maintain CPSA Council training budget.
- Provide back-up to Senior Accounting Clerk and other accounting staff.
- Review semi-monthly payroll.
- Review all new hires, terminations, and payroll changes.
- Review payroll journal entries, analyze transactions and review account reconciliations, records of employment, and year-end transactions.
- Review routine payroll and benefit correspondence.
- Prepare more complex payroll and benefit correspondence.
- Provide assistance for payroll orientation with new employees.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly payroll and benefit statistics.
- Provide assistance in the development of policies and procedures to ensure that the department functions in accordance with federal and provincial regulations and professional standards governing the operation of payroll services.
- Help facilitate internal and external audits and verification of internal controls.
- Maintain employment standards legislated requirements.
- Review employee T4 and T4As.
- Provide back-up to Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Pension and Benefits:
- Review the group benefits plan and ensure accurate deductions are entered for payroll calculations.
- Review employee enrollments on benefit programs on a monthly basis.
- Administer the CPSA pension benefit plan.
- Review annual CPSA pension letters and annual pension return.
- Respond to more complex inquiries regarding pension and benefits.
- Provide assistance for pension and benefits orientation with new staff.
- Review the annual Benefit Summary Statements for staff.
- Develop and implement enhancements in workflows within the accounting and payroll teams.
- Develop and maintain payroll and benefit education programs.
- General analytical, planning and professional skills typically obtained through a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent
- Requirement for 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Actively pursuing Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Advanced Excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Team attitude
- Completion of Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) certificate preferred
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter outlining why you are the right candidate for this position by telling us how your relevant work experience has prepared you to undertake this role. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the CPSA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the CPSA; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian Citizenship, permanent resident status, or valid work permit.
More search results
CAMBODIA | Finance Volunteer @ Non-Profit Support…
Accounting for International Development
Senior Project Accountant
ATCO Energy Solutions Ltd.
OneSoft Solutions Inc.
Vice President, Finance, Corporate Controller
Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette
Manager of Accounting
City of Medicine Hat