Razor Energy Corp. (the “Company”) is a public junior oil and gas company seeking to add a Financial Accountant.
Reporting to the Controller, the successful candidate will assist the Controller with the financial analysis and reporting function. Your strong knowledge of upstream oil and gas industry accounting, ability to work individually as well as in a team, strong computer skills especially in Excel and the desire to be continually challenged make you an ideal candidate.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate and prepare financial statements and other financial information (MD&A, AIF, etc.);
- Complete complex accounting calculations such as decommissioning liabilities and income taxes;
- Coordinate with joint venture accounting and production accounting groups to ensure revenue and costs are accounted correctly and on a timely basis;
- Perform detailed monthly analysis of production, revenue and expenditures;
- Reconcile various account balances;
- Prepare/review journal entries;
- Maintain accounting processes and provide suggestions for improvement;
- Research accounting issues as required;
- Analyze, review and document internal controls;
- Work with the external auditors in order to provide them with timely and accurate information;
- Other projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for reliable, hardworking individual who can perform both routine and non-routine tasks with minimal supervision in a deadline driven environment. Other qualifications include:
- Chartered Professional Accountant with 10+ years of accounting experience, preferably a
combination of public accounting and upstream oil and gas industry experience;
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting under IFRS;
- Experience in the upstream oil and gas industry is required, particularly with a junior domestic oil and gas company;
- Knowledge of accounting procedures, financial reporting and information systems;
- Understanding of internal controls;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, time management, computer, and analytical skills; and
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience; and
- Typical benefit package for a junior oil and gas company.
Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. No agency referrals.