- ZyTech Building Systems LP
- Balzac, AB (5 minutes north of Calgary)
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Head Office - Financial Controller
- Job Industry
- Job Type
Position: Financial Controller
Location: Balzac, AB
Zytech Building Systems supplies top quality roof trusses, floor joist systems, lumber/bream packages wall and floor components, stairs, along with design and engineering services. Our team boasts top performers in customer service, design, production and delivery, a team that provides you with total quality assurance. On every project, our designers use engineer-approved software to thoroughly examine and design your building.
Position Purpose Statement:
Reporting to the CFO, the Controller is responsible for the management of the Accounting department developing /implementing/monitoring internal control systems, the financial reporting of the company operations and ERP system development.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years CPA Designation.
- Minimum 5 years of operational accounting experience in an inventory manufacturing environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated success in a similar role in manufacturing and/or residential construction with excellent knowledge of the inventory cycle.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel.
- Experience with corporate bank finances and reporting.
- Experience with budget vs actual variance/margin analysis.
- Experience with activity based costing or overhead absorption accounting.
- Hands on, roll up the sleeves approach.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and complete process improvements in an ERP system.
- Good understanding of Key Performance Indicators, development and tracking.
- Customer service focused (internal & external).
- Superior project management skills.
- Credit and Collections experience-knowledge of builders liens and securitization.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Great Plains and Epicor BisTrack.
- Understanding Wood Frame Construction.
- Understanding of Logistics.
- Corporate and Partnership tax experience.
- Supervising and managing invoicing, inventory, payroll, accounts payable and accounting personnel.
- Preparation of financial statements and management reports.
- Branch and consolidated financial statement and forecast preparation in accordance with GAAP.
- Audit preparation and working with external auditors.
- Supporting the operations group by working closely with managers and shop employees to maintain and develop ERP systems, procedures and controls to enhance performance and efficiencies.
- Developing and maintaining appropriate internal controls to safeguard assets and control costs.
- Ensuring proper cost control by monitoring and investigating jobs in process, inventory count variances, analyzing job costs and profitability.
- Directing and monitoring the activities of the accounting department in head office and liaison with other branch controllers.
More search results
Volunteer Board Member
Kensington Sinfonia Society
Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
PFM Executive Search / Panorama Search Partners
Alvares & McLeod LLP, Chartered Professional Accountants
Senior Internal Auditor
Alberta Health Services