West Fraser is a leading, diversified wood products company with 50 locations and 9,000 employees in western Canada and the southern United States. North America’s largest lumber producer, West Fraser has been recognized as one of Canada's 10 Best Companies to Work For and one of Canada's Top 100 Employers seven times. Our investments in modern, competitive manufacturing facilities, product innovation and bioenergy are adding up to a bright future.
Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? West Fraser’s Quesnel, BC office is currently seeking a high caliber candidate for the role of:
The Canadian Woodlands team is responsible for the sourcing, accessing, harvesting and transporting of timber for West Fraser’s 16 sawmill and plywood operations in British Columbia and Alberta. In addition, this group also organizes and monitors the reforestation of tenures in both provinces.
As part of the corporate accounting group, reporting to the Woodlands Controller, you will provide financial and analytic support on all issues impacting the Canadian woodlands operations of West Fraser.
You will become the subject matter expert in woodlands finance and accounting and will leverage technology resources to add efficiencies and share information. Occasional travel to operations throughout BC and Alberta will be an opportunity to deepen your knowledge and provide support at the divisional level. You will also play a critical role in the on-going softwood lumber dispute with the U.S. regarding countervailing duties and stumpage.
- Subject matter expert on our woodlands accounting policies and procedures,
- Work closely with divisional controllers in applying those policies and procedures, and ensure consistency amongst divisions,
- Refine and maintain financial reporting for our Canadian Woodlands operations,
- Prepare detailed financial analysis of key Woodlands metrics,
- Be a key resource on the softwood lumber trade file, including compiling log cost information as requested by the US Department of Commerce,
- Partner with IT resources for efficient use of software and successful deployment of upgrades,
- Assist with month end support including stumpage review and log cost analysis for BC and Alberta divisions,
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Woodlands business transactions and cycles and logging contractor pay, while remaining current on government legislation regarding forestry accounting.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A professional accounting designation. Individuals with other business experience may be considered, such as Certified Financial Analysts,
- Minimum of three years of business experience,
- Well-established organizational and time management skills,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills,
- A detail-oriented and proactive approach to work,
- A continuous improvement mindset and a desire to solve problems,
- Strong computer systems skill set.
Considered an asset:
- Forest industry experience is preferred but not required,
- Experience working with 3Log LIMS and Oracle EBS preferred.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply today in confidence, by submitting your resume and cover letter to: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Volunteer Board Member
Kensington Sinfonia Society
Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
PFM Executive Search / Panorama Search Partners
Alvares & McLeod LLP, Chartered Professional Accountants
Senior Internal Auditor
Alberta Health Services