Senior Marketing Analyst Alberta Petroleum Marketing Commission
The Alberta Petroleum Marketing Commission (APMC) was established as a Crown corporation by the Alberta Government in 1974. One of APMC’s key mandates is to enable value added projects that improve market access for the Province’s hydrocarbon industry. APMC is responsible for exploring new opportunities for oil and gas products within North America and abroad, improving Provincial hydrocarbon market access and vetting proposals from industry in these areas. APMC has a business development team that actively engages with industry in order to understand and assess opportunities to achieve this mandate.
APMC is currently seeking a candidate to fill the role of Senior Marketing Analyst. This role reports to the Director of Business Development, you will work collaboratively to provide strategic and operational input supporting decision making with respect to all business development opportunities that are aligned with the APMC’s mandate. This role supports and influences corporate strategies, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following key accountabilities:
- Develop and maintain short and long-term cash flow models specific to the Sturgeon Refinery, KXL Pipeline Expansion as well as for any other potential business development opportunities that the APMC may enter into.
- Oversee the analysis and interpretation of third party energy market studies, reports and fundamentals.
- Analyze supply/demand trends, forecast short and long-term Brent, WTI, differentials, commodity transportation costs, foreign exchange, etc.
- Undertake special projects, as may be assigned from time to time, by the Director, Business Development.
- Represent APMC at industry events, business meetings, conferences, and other functions where appropriate or as assigned by the Director, Business Development.
- Work collaboratively with Department of Energy (DoE) and other Government of Alberta (GoA) organizations to achieve common objectives and improve outcomes.
- A minimum of 8+ years of energy market analysis experience.
- Understanding of global and North American energy environment including crude oil infrastructure, production and refining as well as geopolitics and macroeconomic oil environment (understanding the relationships between geopolitics and commodities).
- Expertise in developing and maintaining complex financial/economic models.
- Exposure to other segments of the energy industry would contribute to your success in the role (natural gas, liquids, petrochemicals, foreign exchange, tax, legal, etc.)
- Must be able to compile and interpret all competitive market information and understand and interpret complex contractual arrangements.
- CPA/CFA designation would be desirable and would be considered an asset.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to operate efficiently and effectively in unstructured, project-oriented environment.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail, proven ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet critical deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities.
This role will be a full time position, at a salary commensurate with experience. Work location is the 6th floor, 801 6th Avenue S.W., Calgary, Alberta.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please email your cover letter and resume to Margaret Stevens at Margaret.Stevens@gov.ab.ca with Senior Marketing Analyst in the subject line. Any questions can be directed to Margaret Stevens at 403-297-5514.
More search results
Volunteer Board Member
Kensington Sinfonia Society
Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
PFM Executive Search / Panorama Search Partners
Alvares & McLeod LLP, Chartered Professional Accountants
Senior Internal Auditor
Alberta Health Services