Financial Reporting & Treasury Analyst
The Alberta Petroleum Marketing Commission (APMC) was established as a Crown corporation by the Alberta Government in 1974. The APMC’s primary mandate is to market the Crown’s conventional crude oil royalty share. More recently, the APMC has been involved with value added activities, such as the Sturgeon Refinery and market access via an investment in the KXL Expansion Pipeline.
With these added responsibilities, the internal and external reporting requirements have expanded. APMC is currently seeking a candidate to fill the role of Financial Reporting and Treasury Analyst. This is a key role within the finance group, the successful candidate will liaise internally and externally to ensure stakeholders’ information needs are met. The role reports directly to the Director of Finance.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and assist with preparation of the notes to the financial statements;
- Coordinate monthly financial business segment dashboards for internal review;
- Assist with the preparation of annual APMC Plan and forecasts;
- Help with the preparation of APMC’s Annual Report;
- Process requests to borrow and report treasury transactions.
- Liaise with Department of Energy and Treasury Board & Finance related to reporting and Treasury matters;
- Continually improve reporting of APMC’s accounting results to ensure stakeholders’ needs are met;
- Coordinate general ledger account analyses and reconciliations;
- Assist with defining of accounting processes and treatments of new business opportunities;
- Liaise with the Office of the Auditor General to assist with annual audit of APMC’s financial statements;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Professional accounting designation;
- At least 8 years of finance experience;
- Oil & gas experience is preferred;
- Microsoft Dynamics experience is desirable.
Competencies and Attributes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment;
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to see the “big picture”;
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please email your cover letter and resume to Margaret.Stevens@gov.ab.ca with Financial Reporting and Treasury Analyst in the subject line. Any questions may be directed to Margaret Stevens at (403) 297-5514.
This is a full-time employment position. The successful candidate will be paid a salary commensurate with their experience. Anticipated starting date in October 2020.
Cut-off for receiving responses is September 18, 2020.
More search results
Volunteer Board Member
Kensington Sinfonia Society
Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
PFM Executive Search / Panorama Search Partners
Alvares & McLeod LLP, Chartered Professional Accountants
Senior Internal Auditor
Alberta Health Services