- The Good Samaritan Society
- Job Industry
- Health Care and Social Services
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
ABOUT THE GOOD SAMARITAN SOCIETY AND GOOD SAMARITAN CANADA
The Good Samaritan Society (GSS) and Good Samaritan Canada (GSC) are leading faith-based, not-for-profit, registered charities in Western Canada that provide quality accommodations, health, and community care services and programs. With over 70 years of experience providing specialized health and community care services in innovative and caring environments, our operational effectiveness and overarching culture of service and care make us the provider of choice for individuals and their families seeking a supportive place to call home.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance and CFO, the Director of Finance (Director) is a leader in supporting all full cycle accounting activities and ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting is prepared and provided to all key internal and external stakeholders. This position leads a team of two direct reports and a total staff compliment of 20.
The Director will build and exemplify collaborative relationships, unite and integrate their team with other service areas, and deliver value-added services to the organization. The Director will be a collaborative team player, demonstrate commitment to service excellence, be an engaging leader and hold themselves and others accountable.
For a complete opportunity profile visit: https://leadersinternational.com/the-good-samaritan-society-director-of-finance/
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent.
- A professional designation (CA, CMA, CGA or CPA) required.
In addition, the following qualities are seen to be highly desirable, and will be sought in candidates for the position:
- The Director will be a seasoned leader with significant financial experience including gathering and evaluating of financial information, making actionable recommendations to senior leaders, and have demonstrated the ability to transform a strategic vision into an operational model.
- The individual requires excellent knowledge of governance, budgeting, business management and accounting standards.
- The individual possesses specific expertise in external financial and regulatory reporting, financial information systems and processes and fraud prevention, detection and investigation.
- The individual demonstrates maturity, self-awareness and insightfulness and possesses high ethical standards and an uncompromising sense of integrity.
A competitive compensation package will be provided. Further details will be discussed in a personal interview.
The position is located in Edmonton and will require the candidate to eventually relocate and reside in the region.
FOR INFORMATION: PLEASE CONTACT
Ardyce Kouri or Angela Karwal
Suite 501 Fox One
10226 – 104 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 1B8