Capital Power (TSX: CPX) is dedicated to delivering Responsible Energy for Tomorrow. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a growth-oriented North American power producer that creates dependable, cost-effective and innovative electricity solutions to power a sustainable future.
As a group of experts and innovators in our field, we’re taking a leadership role in developing renewables, improving thermal generation efficiency and supporting the development of carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) solutions to support a low-carbon energy system.
Join us in powering a clean energy future!
Key accountabilities include:
- Prepares and reviews complex Canadian tax compliance.
- Prepares and reviews complex tax provisions and tax note disclosures using tax provision software
- Manages overall compliance with tax deadlines, installments, payments, elections, etc.
- Prepares and reviews research on tax issues and provides well supported conclusions.
- Proactive on issue identification, analysis and provides recommendations.
- Assist with and manages tax reorganizations and related research.
- Assists with and manages taxation audits where necessary.
- Assists with and manages intercompany transactions, management fees, etc.
- Assists with and manages the analysis of business development opportunities for tax implications.
- Can handle non-routine and complex tasks without issues by providing recommendations to the Senior Manager Taxation and/or to the VP Taxation.
- Fully engaged in tax technical work and demonstrates ability to exercise judgement in completing tasks.
- Helps coordinate the functionality of tax compliance and reporting and looks for continuous improvement to the design and maintenance of our systems. Recommends and implements changes.
- Performs work independently in accordance with clearly established expectations.
- Maintains and develops relationships within the Taxation group and with other groups in order to obtain information required to complete work and provides recommendations outside of the Taxation group.
- Completes professional CPE requirements to maintain knowledge within expertise area.
- Coaches direct reports and other taxation staff; provides input into performance reviews and development needs of direct reports and other taxation staff.
- Degree or Diploma in business, finance or accounting.
- Professional Accounting Designation.
- Completion of the In-Depth Tax Program.
- 5+ years tax experience in a professional service or industry tax position post completion of the In-Depth Tax Program and 5+ years accounting experience.
- 5+ years management experience with respect to managing work, processes, staff, etc.
- Effective business partner providing tax advice necessary to make reliable and timely business decisions.
- Interpretive, analytical skills required to identify favourable tenable positions in conjunction with related risks and defend positions taken.
- Engage other areas of expertise to work as an effective team and resolve issues.
- Ability to explain concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Exercises influential strategies as a leader to influence decision making.
- Coaching and providing timely feedback to team members and direct reports and appropriately delegating responsibility.
- Fully engaged in tax technical work and making recommendations for change as necessary.
- Proactive business partner and leader in Finance and cross-functional areas.
- Office Position. Minimal travel required.
TO APPLY ON THIS JOB, PLEASE GO TO https://www.capitalpower.com/careers/ and look for posting IRC9517.
More search results
Gestionnaire des finances
Accès Emploi Alberta
Chief Financial Officer
Nunavut Arctic College
Finance & Operations Manager
The Council for Advancement of African Canadians
Team Lead, Financial Analysis
Canadian Pacific Railway
Assistant Controller/Project Accountant
Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP - 336976