Treasurer, Volunteer Board of Directors
TREASURER'S POSITION DESCRIPTION
- The Treasurer ensures that full and accurate accounts of all monies, obligations and contracts are kept in proper books of account.
- The Treasurer ensures that an annual budget is prepared and presented to the board for approval.
- The Treasurer may be a signing authority for the organization.
- Ensures that a statement of finances is given on a regular basis to the board for approval.
- Ensures that a complete audited report is presented at the Annual General Meeting.
- In the absence of the President and Vice President the Treasurer assumes the responsibilities of the President.
- Perform such other duties as may from time to time be determined by the board.
- The Treasurer may be bonded at the discretion of the board.
- Chair a committee, usually the Finance Committee.