Senior Financial Analyst
About Trisummit Utiltities Inc. (TSU)
TSU is a Canadian company with natural gas distribution utilities and long-term contracted renewable power generation assets. TSU is focused on delivering safe, reliable, clean and cost-effective energy solutions to customers while achieving long-term profitable growth. TSU’s vision is to be the clean energy supplier of choice in each of the jurisdictions in which it operates through being a leader in safety, reliability, cost effectiveness and customer service. Our people take great pride in supporting and having a positive impact in the communities where we live and work.
This is a unique role offering lots of opportunity and we are looking for someone who is ready to take on a challenge and be a key contributor. Reporting to the Controller, this position will be responsible for accurate and timely accounting, analysis and reporting of financial results during month-end, as well as lead the preparation of quarterly and annual external disclosure documents. In addition, this position will be working closely with various external and internal stakeholders.
TSU is committed to providing a productive and safe work environment for all employees. If you want to work for a company who values safety and reliability, people, a strong community, and continuous improvement, TSU may be the right company for you.
- Lead the preparation of publicly disclosed U.S. GAAP consolidated financial statements (including notes, supporting schedules, etc.), Management Discussion and Analysis and Annual Information Form
- Understand and document various complex accounting topics (e.g. pension accounting, financial instruments, etc.)
- Complete month-end financial reporting tasks including the preparation and review of journal entries
- Ensure accuracy of accounting for intercompany transactions
- Prepare and/or review variance analysis and various account reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of audit committee materials
- Identify and implement process improvements as required
- Maintain processes and documentations of internal controls over financial reporting to support the CEO and CFO certification of financial statements
- Liaise with external and internal auditors
- Build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide oversight and mentorship to the Financial Analyst
- Provide backup support for functions within the finance group
- Assist in ad-hoc analysis and projects as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) accounting designation with minimum of 7 years of progressive financial experience
- Bachelor of Commerce (major in finance or accounting)
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Proven ability to prioritize and work under pressure with minimal guidance to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability with planning and preparation of financial statements related working papers
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Great team player, with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite especially Word and Excel using formulas for data processing from JDE
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and sense of ownership
- Knowledge of JDE would be an asset
TSU believes that our people are our family; each and every one contributes to the success of TSU. We believe in the strength of diversity and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce and environment.
If this opportunity speaks to you, qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letters and resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department by emailing Careers@trisummit.ca by September 25, 2020 or until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, only those candidates for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time.
TSU is committed to the safety and well-being of our employees. As part of this commitment, we have implemented a number of protocols in alignment with government guidelines in order to maintain the health and safety of employees, customers and communities.