- Mancal Energy Inc.
- Calgary Office
- TBD - Commensurate with experience.
- Job Industry
- Oil & Gas/Mining Exploration and Development
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta
REPORTING TO: Controller
We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accountant on our team. Our ideal candidate enjoys a challenge, takes initiative and thrives when everything is changing. Mancal Energy is transforming and working to be one of the most effective and sustainable producers in the industry. With a 120-year history in business, we have the management support to make this happen. The successful candidate will assume responsibility for the following:
- Preparing monthly and quarterly financial statements and corresponding management reports.
- Coordinating the preparation of all financial statement entries, reconciling accounts, operating accrual preparation (revenue, royalties, transportation, operating expense), depletion calculation, asset retirement obligation, etc. and analyzing results.
- Preparing various tax filings (GST, T5’s, NR4’s) and government reporting (ESTMA).
- Coordination of external audits.
- Accounting (IFRS) research and implementation of new accounting policy.
- Running month-ends and year-ends and general ledger maintenance.
- Recording all bank transactions / bank reconciliations / property tax / insurance.
- Administering electronic payments.
- Managing accounts receivable invoicing for the Company.
- Approving journal entries.
- Generating management reports for Operations.
- Working with the Controller to ensure all internal controls are being adhered to.
- Working closely with the Joint Venture and Production Accounting groups and providing guidance as needed.
- Collaborating with other departments and staff to troubleshoot and problem solve.
To meet the challenges of this role, we are seeking an enthusiastic, team-orientated self-starter with a strong analytical acumen.
- University degree in a related discipline.
- CPA designation with 1-2 years of producer experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Canadian GAAP/IFRS.
- Strong attention to detail and strong documentation skills are essential.
- Strong knowledge of Excel is required.
- Knowledge of Qbyte (FM) is considered beneficial.
- Experience mentoring or leading others or an interest in leadership would be an asset.
- An understanding of joint venture accounting and production accounting would be beneficial.
When you join the Mancal Group you realize that people do matter. Collaboration, sharing ideas and thinking outside the box are encouraged and rewarded. By joining Mancal, staff have an opportunity to grow and positively impact the organization. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their expression of interest to the link below.