Director of Finance and Information Systems
- Victoria Cool Aid Society
- Victoria, BC
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
The Organization: Victoria Cool Aid Society
As the largest provider of services to the homeless and those at-risk of homelessness in Greater Victoria, the Victoria Cool Aid Society (“Cool Aid”) is a key player in the work to end homelessness. Their mission is to “end homelessness by working in partnership with others to develop community-based solutions. [They] are committed to working in a non-judgmental way with adults experiencing marginalization in Greater Victoria by advocating for and providing emergency shelter, supportive housing, integrated health care and other support services.”
To learn more, please visit Cool Aid’s website.
The Opportunity: Director of Finance and Information Systems
Reporting to the CEO and overseeing two direct reports, the Director is responsible for the financial operations and information technology needs of the agency and ensuring that effective internal controls and procedures are in place.
Operating from an organizational risk management perspective, overarching responsibilities include the annual budgeting process, financial reporting, cash management, capital asset management, funding negotiations and reporting, contract management, and the annual external audit. The Director actively participates on the Senior Leadership Team, Policy Committee, and in projects that affect the overall financial status of the Society, including the development of business cases and proposals. The Director also has overarching responsibility for the organization’s information systems and technology requirements.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A Professional Accounting designation (CPA) is required. A master’s degree in business, finance, public administration or leadership is desirable.
- More than seven years accounting, financial planning and control, budgeting and management experience, preferably in the non-profit sector. Experience reporting to BC Housing, health authorities or other similar government funders would be an asset.
- Demonstrated affinity for and current knowledge of information systems and technology would be ideal.
- A successful track record of leading and developing a team of finance and accounting professionals.
- A clear passion for ending homelessness and supporting marginalized individuals.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: Dave Namkung
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422