Senior Staff Accountant
Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP Chartered Accountants is currently seeking to fill one to two designated Senior Accountant positions within our Assurance and Advisory department (“A & A”). We may also consider part time or contract opportunities for the right individuals. The ideal candidates would be experienced designated audit public practice professionals joining our department full-time permanently, starting immediately.
Reporting to Human Resources/A & A Managers and Partner(s), the individual(s) will act as the senior professional completing audit engagements while supervising staff in the preparation of A & A engagements and assisting in the delivery of value-added services and solutions for our clients. The successful candidates will require strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to manage relationships with both clients and team members. In addition, the ability to take direction and constructive feedback are key requirements of the role. In addition to reviewing files, this position specifically includes supervising at a senior level, leading, directing, motivating and training staff, as required, while fulfilling any other requirements needed in the department
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Professionalism and ownership
- High attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- Ability to operate effectively in a high-volume environment while managing team and client expectations
- Highly motivated, driven, conscientious individual with high attention to detail and accuracy, demonstrating the ability to meet and exceed significant personal goals.
- The ability to take directions well and effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- The ability to manage a significant amount of responsibilities and overcome the related risks.
Knowledge, Education and Experience Requirements:
- CPA designation, or soon to be designated (successfully wrote the CFE), would be an asset
- Minimum 2 + years’ experience in public practice with audit experience
- Senioring audit engagement would be an asset
- Working knowledge of CaseWare, Jazz-it and Tax Prep
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Dedication and strong work ethic
- Strong organizational and time management skills
If you would like to work for a great employer and an amazing team, please submit your résumé and cover letter via our website under Professionals: https://www.krpgroup.com/working-with-krp/careers. The position will remain open until a qualified candidate has been found.
If you have questions, please contact Jeannette Blumentrath, HR Director at 780-420-4767.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in KRP; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.