Team Lead, Financial Analysis
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The purpose of the Team Lead – Financial Analysis is to lead the consolidation and analysis of CP’s annual and multi-year financial planning functions, compensation, and ad-hoc financial analysis of strategic initiatives and opportunities. The position will lead a small team and work cross functionally with stakeholders in and out of finance to provide analytical insights directly to senior management.
- Responsible for consolidation and delivery of monthly corporate forecast updates and variance analysis to senior management on a specific and predetermined schedule;
- Lead the planning and analysis of variable corporate compensation programs;
- Ad hoc financial analysis of emergent opportunities, investments, and other strategic initiatives including M&A;
- Continuous improvement of models and methodologies to improve accuracy and timeliness of analysis;
- Preparation of materials for CP’s Board of Directors;
- Contribute to the development of a quality financial analysis team at CP.
- An undergraduate degree in finance, commerce, economics, or other relevant field;
- Professional designation or advanced degree preferred (CFA, MBA, CPA, etc);
- 4+ years’ work experience in related finance roles;
- Strong financial modelling skills;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in tight timelines;
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor;
- Demonstrated ability to influence within an organization and drive results;
- Effective at building strong relationships;
- Continuous improvement mindset;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").