- Lloydminster, Alberta
- Job Industry
- Public Accounting
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
We are looking for an amazing individual to join our team & help our established firm provide a full range of accounting and tax advisory services.
This position will be of interest to an experienced CPA who, after several years of working in public practice, is ready to take the next step in their career by joining an established firm, offering opportunities limited only by their own ambitions, work ethic, skill set, and personality. The Senior Staff Accountant will lead the firm's assurance team, provide friendly support to all of the firm's staff, and be willing to either prepare and/or review file work - all with a focus on delivering exemplary customer service to the firm's clients. The successful candidate will report directly to the firm's Managing Partner, and can expect to be provided with the opportunity to gain valuable experience and insight into the area of practice management.
We operate a near paperless office and embrace new technologies, in an effort to better serve our clients' changing needs, and to make our work more efficient and enjoyable.
The Senior Staff Accountant's initial responsibilities will include:
- Managing both compilation and assurance engagements, including the preparation and/or review of T2 Corporate Income Tax Returns, T5013 Partnership Information Returns, financial statements, and supporting working papers;
- Providing owner-manager remuneration and tax planning solutions for small and medium-sized business clients;
- Limited supervision of accounting staff, including delegatiing and overseeing work and providing assistance and/or training as necessary;
- Being a "team player", with a focus on developing and maintaining strong client relationships and delivering exemplary customer service to the firm's clients.
- CPA designation;
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in public practice;
- Strong knowledge of ASPE standards;
- Excellent project management and supervisory skills;
- Proficiency in income tax and GST/HST laws and policies, sufficient to provide tax advisory assistance, and to complete and/or review T1, T2, T3, T5013 income tax or information returns and GST/HST returns and various elections;
- Experience with Caseware/Caseview, and Microsoft Office is required;
- Experience with Taxprep tax software would be an asset;
- Experience working in a "paperless" office environment would be an asset;
- Knowledge of the agriculture industry would be an asset;
- Impeccable English communication skills - both oral and written is required;
- Must be a team player, team leader, a "people-person"; and
- Must Conduct oneself with a high level of integrity and work ethic