Alberta Health Services (AHS) is seeking an experienced professional in Edmonton or Calgary who is passionate about driving success and reaching objectives by sharing their expertise in internal auditing for the role of Senior Internal Auditor. It is an exciting time to be a part of our Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management team as we strive to achieve our fundamental goal to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services to continually improve the operations of AHS.
As the Senior Internal Auditor, you will report to a Director of Internal Audit and participate in diverse range of challenging operational audits, advisory projects and investigations. You will provide management advice and assistance regarding risk mitigation, internal control practices and effectiveness of business processes. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on healthcare within the Internal Audit team by bringing a disciplined approach to evaluating and improving AHS’ risk management, internal control and governance processes. If you enjoy collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders to support them in accomplishing their business plan goals, we'd love to talk to you!
There is flexibility as to the location of this position within the Province of Alberta. At the time of appointment the successful candidate may discuss location options with the hiring manager.
- Using your project management abilities, and with support from the team, successfully plan and conduct projects which comply with professional auditing standards.
- Understand AHS’ objectives and risks at a strategic, operational and project specific level.
- Interpret and analyze information to identify relevant exceptions.
- Draft clear and concise reports that identify significant control weaknesses and offer value add recommendations to management.
- Provide valuable input into the development of the team’s annual risk-based audit plan.
- Support Enterprise Risk Management’s (ERM) work related to risk advisory services.
- Contribute positively to an engaging team environment.
- Build effective relationships with stakeholders within AHS.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree, in business or accounting.
- CPA accounting designation.
- Two to three years of experience in internal or external audit.
- Strong project management skills.
- Understanding of professional auditing standards and their practical application.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong writing skills, with an ability to articulate complex issues clearly and concisely.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects while meeting project timelines.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Internal audit designation such as CIA or CISA.
- Experience an organization of significant size and complexity.
- Experience conducting operational (value for money) audits.
- Experience conducting IT audits.
- Data analytics experience (ACL, Tableau, other).
- Working knowledge of audit software such as TeamMate.