- Calgary, Alberta
- Based on experience and education
- Job Industry
- Public Accounting
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Junior Bookkeeper Position
Are you looking to expand your experience in the public accounting industry? Please apply today!
This position is ideal for an individual who would like to start or expand their bookkeeping and accounting knowledge in a public practice environment, with an eye to further education and a career in the accounting industry.
As the Junior Bookkeeper position is an entry level position, the remuneration is anticipated to be in the $17 - $19 per hour range, depending on prior experience and education. Additional benefits are discussed below. This is a full-time position that will be part-time in an office location and part-time working remotely from their home.
Job Functions and Duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Payroll – monthly and semi-monthly
- Bookkeeping data entry (monthly, quarterly and/or annually) for clients
- T-slip preparation and reconciliations
- Personal tax preparation, including investments, self-employment and rental schedules
- Inter-corporate reconciliations
- Bank, payroll and tax reconciliations
- Support documentation for year end financial statement compilations.
- One to three years of bookkeeping or similar experience will be considered an asset
- Enrolment in, or completion of, post-secondary education relating to bookkeeping or entry level accounting is preferred.
- Above average oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with team members while working remotely.
- Ability to multi-task, strong organizational skills, attention to deadlines and the ability to efficiently work remotely.
- Proficiency with both QuickBooks and Sage 50 (Simply Accounting) software.
- Experience with Tax Cycle or similar tax software will be considered an asset.
- Experience with Investment corporations and corporate groups will be considered an asset.
- Private home office space
Alvares & McLeod is a small, but busy practice with an emphasis on work life balance and professional mentorship. We provide opportunities to staff in furthering their education in the accounting field. We provide our staff with a flexible health spending account, and many long weekends through the summer months.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to: email@example.com