Manager of Align by KBH
KBH CHARTERED PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANTS is a leading Alberta-based Accounting and Advisory firm with offices in Edmonton and Provost. KBH offers a full range of services designed to meet the financial and consulting needs of our clients. We have been in business valuing team growth & development, our clients and our communities for over 39 years.
We recently launched an outsourcing bookkeeping practice called, “Align by KBH” in order to better serve the needs of our clients. We are looking for a Manager who will champion Align by KBH by streamlining, promoting and growing the practice, while preparing to launch our outsourced CFO services, “Vision by KBH”. In the long term, we anticipate that the successful incumbent will be able to provide assistance and advice to our clients through this additional service as well.
The Align by KBH Manager is a permanent full time (part time applicants will be considered) position that will oversee the Accounting Technicians in our Edmonton and Provost offices. The department currently has 3 employees and is expected to grow significantly over time in staff and new clients. This role is perfect for a self-disciplined, positive, professional and motivated leader. The successful candidate must have amazing supervisory, online bookkeeping, client service and relationship building skills.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Managing a team of Accounting Technicians onsite and remotely
- Training staff in completing online bookkeeping transactions using our chosen appstack
- Assisting the Accounting Technicians in resolving issues and making the final recommendations
- Planning the department's workload and workflow to ensure all deadlines are met
- Maintaining a good understanding of accounting & bookkeeping software while keeping up with the industry standards, including researching new technologies and apps
- Providing onboarding, training and technical support to internal/external clients on various programs including how to use the online accounting environment and apps
- Reviewing regular financial statements, bookkeeping, GST and payroll for clients
- Providing professional advice and support to clients to assist them with their requirements
- Ensuring supplementary tax related documents and working papers are prepared accordingly
- Recruiting, training and mentoring employees for the department
The successful candidate must have:
- 2 or more years as a QuickBooks Certified Pro-Advisor (Advanced Online), plus experience with some online apps such as Receiptbank, Hubdoc, T-sheets, Waypay, Plooto, Wagepoint, etc.
- 3 to 4 years of supervisory/managerial experience in an Accounting/Bookkeeping or related role
- 1 to 2 years of payroll experience
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification would be an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word & Excel)
- A CPA designation (equivalent experience will be considered)
- Knowledge of Alberta Employment Standards would be an asset
- Exceptional leadership, multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills
- Patience to train new and existing employees on software and processes
- Strong written and oral communication skills with excellent attention to detail
Looking for the Right Fit? Then start with the Right Firm. KBH offers a challenging and rewarding experience, excellent compensation & benefits, Fridays off in the summer and much more. If you are interested in our firm and this position, please email your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Human Resources at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until a successful candidate is found.
Please visit our website at www.kbh.ca. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.