Director, Decision Support
Athabasca University – Director, Decision Support
We’re on the search for Athabasca University for their Director, Decision Support within their Finance and Administration Division. A global leader in online and distributed learning serving more than 40,000 students in every province and territory in Canada and in over 90 countries around the world, AU provides learning for life and is Canada’s only digital-first learning university.
Reporting to the Vice President Finance and Administration & CFO, as Director, Decision Support you will be a key part of the team that will lead the cultural and organizational transformation focused on achieving performance excellence, while contributing to the University’s strategic plan by advancing the University’s financial sophistication and effective decision-making. You will provide strategic direction, overall leadership, information, training, and expert advice to provide insight and support optimal decision making for stakeholders across the University. Overall, you will be instrumental in the development of decision support and financial planning, analysis and budgeting strategies that support accountability and efficient, effective, and prudent stewardship of the University’s financial and facilities related resources.
As the incumbent, you with have the following:
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA).
- Undergraduate degree in Management, Commerce, Accounting, or related field required; a master’s degree in Business Administration is an asset.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible accounting and analytical financial experience, with at least 5 years at the senior management level. Experience within a post-secondary and unionized environment is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of the Public Sector Accounting Standards as well as new and emerging trends in the post-secondary sector.
- Proficiency with sophisticated analytical tools/systems and demonstrated application of business planning, modeling and forecasting concepts. Experience with examination of large and diverse data sets to uncover hidden patterns, unknown correlation and market trends is an asset.
- A strong, strategic business acumen and experience leading and managing teams virtually as a continuous improvement leader.
In this exciting and near virtual work environment, this role may be permanently home-based from anywhere across the country – your postal code is irrelevant!