Vice President - Strategic Initiatives
Founded in 2006 and based in Edmonton, KV’s operations include capital raising, private mortgage lending, private equity and mortgage brokering through the businesses of: KV Capital Inc., KV Real Estate Finance Inc., KV Mortgage Fund Inc., KV Private Equity Inc. and KV Private Equity Fund. KV has grown by prioritizing the achievement of long-term outcomes and building teams of high-performing professional staff who excel in their collaborative and dynamic operations. We strongly believe in operating under best practices in everything we do.
POSITION Vice President – Strategic Initiatives
SUMMARY In this position you will play a significant role in the strategic direction of KV. Reporting to the President, you will be responsible for identifying, researching, and developing new business opportunities for KV along with executing on special projects identified by the executive team. You will directly impact our company’s growth objectives through well-researched and articulated strategies backed up with metric driven business cases an emphasis on supporting execution by the leadership teams. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter with excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, financial acumen, strong verbal/written communication abilities and someone who is very comfortable in a project-oriented environment with minimal oversight.
To succeed at KV you must be energetic, collaborative, highly organized and hard working. You will be accountable for the results generated from your work and your ability to help drive our mission forward.
- Research and identify organic and inorganic opportunities to drive growth for the organization; assess and present on the feasibility of new business opportunities and develop thorough business plans for implementation.
- Use sound judgment, project management skills and cross functional thinking to collaborate with stakeholders, develop action plans and support growth initiatives.
- Communicate with and lead meetings with executives presenting focused recommendations based on data-driven analysis.
- Conducts external research / data gathering; use financial and analytical tools to conduct business analysis.
- Develop, implement, and oversee reporting and assessment tools for the evaluation of strategic initiatives.
- Supports the KV leadership team to achieve both short- and long-term goals and objectives; drives discrete components of work and analysis to successful completion.
- Builds trust and productive relationships with team members and stakeholders across the organization, advocate for business opportunities through effective communication, relevant and insightful analysis, and creative thinking.
- Ability to evaluate industry trends, conceptualize long-term implications and recommend pragmatic strategies for new business opportunities.
- Ability to bring structure and leadership to problem solving; an ability to understand complex regulatory environments and to identify insights from analysis, providing credible, actionable recommendations.
- Experience with financial modelling, planning, budgeting, and capital allocation in the context of strategic planning to maximize value.
- Strong presentation and business casing skills; the ability to communicate ideas to the executive team in a concise manner; an ability develop strong relationships and to promote ideas and proposals persuasively.
- Ability to interact and negotiate contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work autonomously and comfortable with decision making accountability.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma.
- 5+ years post-designation or post-graduation work experience.
- One or more of the following will be considered an asset:
- MBA, CA, CFA, CBV, PMP, Engineering, Law or a similar graduate level or designation.
- Formal experience in Corporate Development, Consulting, M&A, Corporate Finance, Project Management, or the Financial Services industry.
LOCATION Edmonton, Alberta
EMPLOYMENT TYPE Full-time, Permanent
COMPENSATION An attractive compensation plan commensurate with experience awaits the successful candidate.
Interested candidates may submit applications to email@example.com with the subject line: “Application for Vice President - Strategic Initiatives”