Finance & Administration Director
- 11950 Country Village Link NE
- Finance & Administration Director
- Job Industry
- Arts, entertainment and recreation
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Vivo means ‘live’ and embraces and celebrates diversity, community and the common thread that unites us all – life. Vivo is a charity on a mission to raise healthier generations by empowering Canadians to achieve their optimal health whether they’re at home, school, work or in the community with us.
The Vivo for Healthier Generations Society operates a Research and Innovation Lab and Centre in the heart of north-central Calgary where we work with our community and partners to support them in living a healthier life.
Our roots began as a regional recreation centre in North Central Calgary. Over 16 years Vivo has grown into a well-utilized and beloved community hub with underpinnings in research and innovation to support individuals and whole communities to be more active and socially connected. In 2023, we are launching 100,000 square feet of new and renovated spaces, which will include a signature indoor park, aquatics upgrade, expanded boutique-style fitness, vital community spaces and a social research and innovation lab.
As a registered charity, Vivo is responsible for generating annual revenues of $7 million+ and undertaking fundraising and sponsorships to cover operating budgets, transfers to reserves for capital maintenance and equipment, investments in research and community development initiatives like the Vivo Play Project, and any other special projects that advance our charitable purposes, including the $60 million capital campaign for our upcoming expansion.
Reports to: Chief Evolution Officer
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Finance & Administration Director will collaboratively lead strategy development that influences and supports the advancement of Vivo’s vision, mission, values, strategic priorities and business plan to achieve both strong social impact and financial performance. You will focus the organization on strong fiscal sustainability (core elements of a social enterprise) and apply your financial knowledge, analytical skills and business acumen to strategically lead the transformation of Vivo’s business administration systems, oversee the organization’s risk management and ensure Vivo is prepared for the next three to five years and executes on a multi-year transformation that has a high impact on the organization and beyond.
- Oversee Finance & Administration strategies and provide inspirational leadership to the Sr. Financial Analyst, Finance Administrator and Payroll & Benefits Specialist to design and implement future strategy and deliver on current operational priorities
- Collaborate with senior leaders and board of directors in business planning, identifying and structuring key organizational priorities and other operationally strategic projects
- Define, implement and drive strategic initiatives to improve internal and external facing processes and operations, working closely with cross-functional teams, leadership and partners
- Serve as a thought leader on complex challenges through the delivery of strategic insights and recommendations and by working with business stakeholders across the organization.
- Act as the CEO Designate on the Board Audit & Finance Committee
- Provide transformational leadership to the organization and Finance & Administration team inspiring a commitment to Vivo’s vision and mission and to the achievement of high-performance in all areas of the business
- Inspire, empower, build capacity and shape how the Finance & Administration team delivers strong results, impact, efficiencies across the organization, and develops scalable processes.
- Leverage the vision, synthesize the Board’s 10 year strategic plan into the 3 – 5 year plan of the Senior Leaders and translate into meaningful, specific and practical annual work plans and execute with the team.
- Hold the team accountable for achieving established work-plans and targets through regular follow-up, feedback and coaching
- Focus on developing future talent and leaders in the organization and building capacity, developing, empowering and inspiring the individuals within the Finance & Administration team and across the organization.
- Recruit, onboard, train, mentor and performance manage the Finance & Administration team utilizing Human Resources best practices, policies and processes to ensure a high-performing team.
- Develop and maintain effective financial planning, financial and budgetary controls and policies/guidelines to ensure alignment with the organization’s strategic and business plan priorities.
- Oversee the development, refinement, and direct use of accounting systems and internal control of those systems.
- Direct the development and monitoring of the organization's budget and financial reporting, using forecasts and models to determine how to allocate funds and maintain compliance.
- In collaboration with the Sr. Financial Analyst, evaluate of the organization's financial and business initiative performance, generating reports, analysis, and models.
- Coordinate all audits and work with internal teams to meet operating goals.
- Direct the identification and development of improved payroll and benefit processes, policies and practices to ensure compliance and efficiency.
- Manage risk mitigation to the organization’s financial and capital resources, through oversight and compliance with legislative and contractual obligations.
- Provide consultation on the development of pricing strategies, business planning, project planning and execution.
- Oversee the strategic development of IT and telecommunication solutions that improve business efficiency and directly manage the information technology function including data management, security, back up, technology upgrades & implementation in consultation with designated external contractor(s).
- Lead the development, review and administration of all business contracts and liaise with external contractors as required. Negotiate and draft contracts in collaboration with legal services.
- In collaboration with internal stakeholders, prepare RFP documentation (including descriptions of services, instructions to participants, price matrix, etc.)
- Oversee and direct procurement processes and file management for the entire organization.
- Deliver high quality executive and team communications: develop narratives, partner across cross functional teams on content and own delivery of messaging across the organization.
- Champion key changes to processes, including detailed design and execution of changes required to achieve future state objectives.
- Be a trusted advisor across the organization from a financial lens to help ensure workflows drive sustainable business behaviors.
- Foster external relations with critical business partners including external investment manager and external auditors.
- Oversee and drive the continuous evaluation, shifts and evolutions to operations to ensure they remain aligned with and support the core business and strategic plan
- Post-Secondary Diploma and/or University Degree combined with an accounting designation or MBA
- 10+ years of progressive experience in finance and leadership with solid business acumen
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C/AED certifications
Thank you for your interest in Vivo. To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.