ABOUT KV CAPITAL INC
KV Capital Inc. is a rapidly growing Edmonton based Private Lender that currently manages a $130 million mortgage portfolio of short term residential and commercial mortgages. The firm conducts in-house underwriting and provides funding to borrowers located in Alberta under real estate secured financing transactions.
The company was founded in 2006 by Chartered Accountants and Chartered Business Valuators, and has enjoyed success by leveraging the experience of its professional staff to create customized financing solutions for borrowers that own real estate and require funds for short-term, financial bridging, construction and/or development projects.
KV Real Estate Finance Inc. is another pillar of the KV Capital group, building on over a decade of experience in the private lending business in the Canadian Real Estate Markets. KV Real Estate Finance Inc. provides our clients with professional real estate financial expertise for all of their capital requirements.
POSITION Financial Accounting & Reporting Manager
SUMMARY The successful candidate will assume responsibility for the accounting records and financial reporting of KV Capital Inc., KV Mortgage Fund Inc. and KV Real Estate Finance Inc. A high level of attention to detail, a demonstrated ability to supervise others and the desire to develop professionally in a dynamic work environment is expected. Your ability to multi-task effectively while working under pressure to meet deadlines will be critical in this role.
RESPONSIBILITIES Working under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, you will be responsible to:
- Supervise and provide training and mentorship to junior accounting staff;
- Direct the preparation and maintenance of appropriate working paper files and schedules for analysis, support and reporting;
- Oversee junior staff in the day to day data entry, general ledger account analysis and maintenance of full cycle accounting records;
- Complete detailed reviews and provide timely approval of financial reporting packages on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- Prepare accounting memos and analysis for new/complex transactions or interpretation, adoption and impact of new accounting standards
- Prepare the annual audit packages with the support of junior accounting staff;
- Oversee the tracking and preparation of filings for regulatory agencies;
- Prepare and deliver timely, accurate and meaningful reporting for investors and borrowers as and when required;
- Facilitate collaboration between mortgage underwriting staff and junior accounting staff to maintain accurate mortgage loan portfolio data;
- Participate in the budgeting function and development of KPIs as well as complete periodic monitoring of performance against budget/KPIs;
- Ensure comprehensive tax compliance and participate in the tax planning process;
- Oversee treasury and cash management functions including cheque preparation and bank account reconciliations; and
- Provide leadership on a variety of special projects including technological improvements, process improvements, etc. with the aim to improve the efficiency of operations and facilitate growth.
ACCOUNTABILITIES KV Capital is focused on developing meaningful, long lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our clients and brokers. It will be incumbent upon you to maintain and build the reputation of the firm by delivering clear communication, timely service and providing expert advice.
LOCATION Edmonton, Alberta
EXPERIENCE Senior Level
EMPLOYMENT TYPE Full-time
JOB FUNCTION Accounting and Finance
COMPENSATION An attractive compensation plan commensurate with experience awaits the successful candidate.
QUALIFICATIONS / DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to develop financial analysis and reporting in an efficient and effective manner;
- Strong financial accounting and reporting knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- High level of technical expertise, with the ability to act independently;
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to communicate well with others and foster a collaborative work environment;
- Ability to initiate and implement changes and improvements where applicable;
- Desire to learn and flexibly grow within the organization;
- Ability to actively promote a culture of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality;
- A strong attention to detail and ability to multitask effectively;
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, with a demonstrated expertise in Excel;
- A university degree and a Professional Accounting Designation (CPA); and
- 3-5 years of increasing experience in Finance, Tax and Accounting functions including relevant experience in a public practice accounting firm.
To apply, please forward your resume in confidence to:
Chief Financial Officer
firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate “Financial Accounting & Reporting Manager” in the subject line)
More search results
Workers' Compensation Board- Alberta
Senior Financial Accountant - Corporate
North American Construction Group
Vice President - Strategic Initiatives
KV Capital Inc. - 341564
KBH Chartered Professional Accountants
Manager of Align by KBH
KBH Chartered Professional Accountants