Treasurer (Volunteer) of Canadian Association of Psoriasis Patients
- Canada (can be done virtually)
- This is an unpaid volunteer position
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
The Canadian Association of Psoriasis Patients (CAPP) is seeking a volunteer to join our national Board of Directors as Treasurer. The successful candidate must prepare for and attend Board meetings every six weeks (in addition to special meetings that may occur throughout the year). Meetings are held virtually.
The successful candidate must also:
- Have strong accounting and finance skills and understand accounting related to not-for-profit organizations
- Assist with preparing the organization’s financial plans and operating budgets
- Oversee accounts receivable and accounts payable and the organization’s overall finances
- Keep the books of account and accounting records of the organization as required by law
- Review, prepare, and present proper financial statements to and for the board
- Liaise with the accountant/auditor to ensure the organization’s accounts are reviewed/audited as required by law and presented to the members at the Annual General Meeting
- Be prepared to assist with a transition from a not-for-profit organization to a charity
- Provide advice and assist with financial planning of the organization
- Be impacted by psoriasis and/or psoriatic arthritis, whether as a patient or caregiver / family member
Requirements and Commitments
- Committed to serving the needs of people impacted by psoriatic disease and their families
- Ability to communicate in English
- Prepare for and attend regular board meetings as well as meeting from time to time with organization staff
- Present CAPP’s financial statements to the Board of Directors
- Be prepared to commit for a two-year term as a director. Directors may be elected to up to three consecutive terms
Additional assets include:
- Experience in fundraising
- Knowledge of the health care system in Canada and awareness of the health policy environment
- Ability to communicate in French or languages other than English.
CAPP aims to reflect the communities that we serve so we welcome candidates with varied backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Please email the Executive Director at email@example.com by November 6, 2020. Provide your resume and tell us about your experience with and/or interest in our organization and the skills and knowledge are you willing to bring to our board. Please include your contact information with email address (preferred) and/or phone number where you can be reached.
More search results
Vantage Point Chartered Professional Accountants
Corporate Comptroller / Director of Finance & Adm…
Input Capital Corp.
Joly Heinzlmeir Chartered Professional Accountant
Northwest Territories Power Corporation
Director, Member Engagement and Technical Advisor…