READY FOR A CHANGE – READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Perry Cruickshank LLP is a well-established CPA firm in Central Alberta, initially setting roots in Red Deer in 1990. The firm’s mission is to help small business owners build financially strong businesses that contribute to our community and provide financial security for the owners’ future. Over the years, the firm has seen a lot of changes, primarily through acquisitions, mergers and organic growth. The firm currently has 3 partners and 12 full time staff (low staff turnover) operating out of two separate offices located in Red Deer County and Innisfail.
We are currently looking for a designated professional accountant for the role of Senior Manager for our Red Deer County office located in Gasoline Alley. The successful candidate will be expected to provide mentorship and sound technical advice to firm staff and clients alike. The Senior Manager will work closely with the partners of the firm, for the purpose of obtaining two-way feedback to aide in support for the position and to ensure expectations are clear regarding the role.
- Provide support to partners based on ad hoc requests
- Support and mentor firm staff in all aspects of various types of engagements
- Review of Notice to Reader and Review Engagements as well as the applicable corresponding tax returns for our corporate and not-for-profit clients
- Review of personal tax returns
- Meet with clients to review year ends and personal tax returns
- Provide clients with standard tax planning based on their needs
Note: Some engagement preparation work will be required, specifically for engagements requiring higher-level technical knowledge and skill sets obtained through experience.
- Professional designation in a recognized accounting program
- 5+ years working in a public practice environment
- Sound working knowledge of Caseware, Profile, Sage and QuickBooks
- Ability to manage multiple engagements in a timely manner
- Ability to work effectively with multiple staff
- Ability to be clear and concise through excellent written and verbal communication
- Possess a strong attention to detail and integration skill set
- An enjoyment for people, being personable and outgoing
- Ability to handle questions patiently
- Possess an aptitude for coaching and desire to bring others up in their knowledge and skill sets
- Quick problem-solving ability with confidence to make decisions
- A strong understanding of how the business of public practice works
- Takes initiative without constant direction
If the above position sparks interest, we would appreciate hearing from you. Please reply in confidence with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Vaughn Schmidt CPA, CA. We look forward to hearing from you.
More search results
Athabasca University Human Resources
Treasurer (Volunteer) of Canadian Association of …
Canadian Association of Psoriasis Patients
Director, Decision Support
The Vogel Group
KWB Chartered Professional Accountants
Audit & Finance Committee Members
Edmonton Mennonite Centre for Newcomers