Senior Financial Systems Analyst
- Workers' Compensation Board- Alberta
- Start Rate: $81,888 to Job Rate: $101,138
- Job Industry
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Senior Financial Systems Analyst
Permanent, Full-Time position
Are you curious about the work of the future? Do you want to be a part of a team that is exploring ways to use technology to improve the delivery of financial information in support of decision making?
Do you have a strong commercial acumen and a curiosity to understand pain points within existing processes, and the curiosity to explore solutions to those problems through a combination of process improvement and automation?
Do you have experience building strong, trusting relationships with clients and co-workers?
At WCB-Alberta, we make a meaningful impact in the lives of working Albertans. We are a not-for-profit organization legislated to administer the workers' compensation system for the province. When any Alberta worker is hurt on the job, we are here to help. We provide compensation and benefits for workplace injuries and occupational diseases to over 1.7 million workers.
The Financial Systems and Controls team support and oversee integrated financial systems, and the business processes that link in to those systems. You would lead the team in providing excellent customer service, with a focus on improving business efficiency; designing solutions that enhance access and visibility financial information; and optimizing business processes.
We are a small team who believe in the power of collaboration, teamwork, and the importance of providing quality to our customers. We are curious, problem solvers, and translators between technical and business speak. If this resonates with you, we’d love to hear from you.
Your Senior Financial Systems Analyst responsibilities would be:
- Establish short and long term financial systems planning.
- Lead in the identification of opportunities to use technology as an enabler for streamlining and optimizing the delivery of financial services, and prioritize accordingly.
- Assess the life cycle of applications and systems utilized by the finance team; manage support of those systems, including recommending upgrades or replacements, with the goal to ensure that systems remain relevant and effective in delivering business value.
- Ensure projects, initiatives, and operational support are appropriately scoped and prioritized based on complexity, risk, and resource availability. Liaise with internal / external experts as required in addressing requests / issues.
- Lead the team in understanding and identifying financial system risk, ensuring that risks are documented and that key controls are developed and are effective to prevent, detect, and mitigate those risks.
- Maintain a close liaison with Information Management, Business Services, Finance, service providers and key stakeholders on system issues/changes that impact financial systems or processes.
- Manage the performance of a team of 3, with a strong emphasis on performance development and coaching, ensuring team skills continually evolve to support the pace of technological changes.
Your experience and skills:
- University degree in Commerce or equivalent, with a focus on Management Information Systems, or an equivalent focus that extends a balance between analytics and organizational business knowledge.
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) would be an asset.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience working with data analysis and complex financial systems preferably in the insurance industry or with a financial institution.
- Well-developed team management skills, focusing on leading teams for high performance.
- Experience with using data analytic tools for the purposes of optimizing the development of financial information, and identifying and designing the relevant controls to ensure the integrity of that information.
- Well-developed project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, plan and organize required tasks, and to delegate effectively to project resources. Formal project management training is an asset.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical team members.
- Strong technical acumen to communicate effectively with service providers when translating business needs into system requirements.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, consulting, and change management skills.
- Ability to learn quickly when faced with problems and ambiguity. Strong analytical skills and creativity in identifying solutions, with proven decision making ability.
- Ability to remain composed when faced with unexpected problems and to work effectively through stressful situations.
- Advanced experience in the use of system tools including, but not limited to, data and statistical analysis (python preferred), business analytic tools available within Microsoft 365, Visual Basic, SQL, NVision, version control software, process management, and data management techniques.
- Experience with IFMS PeopleSoft, Lotus Notes, e-Co, Cognos Metrics Manager and or Data Warehouse would be an asset.
Over 96% of our team members agree that WCB is a great place to work. We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, work-life balance, supportive leadership and a caring and collaborative work environment. We have talented employees who work hard and we want to make sure they’re happy.
SALARY: Grade 12 Start Rate: $81,888 to Job Rate: $101,138 (Market Supplement)
Posted: October 29, 2020 Closes: November 26, 2020
Note: Final candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a security clearance and credit check.
Please apply online quoting competition #J1020-1407 by submitting a cover letter and resume to: www.wcb.ab.ca/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
More search results
Northwest Territories Power Corporation
Director, Member Engagement and Technical Advisor…
Manager Internal Controls
Canadian Pacific Railway
Senior Accountant (Full Cycle)
Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra
Full Time Auditor/Senior Accountant
EPR Yellowknife Accounting Professionals Corporation