Financial Reporting Officer
- City Of Calgary
- Job Industry
- Job Type
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, Corporate Financial Reporting, as the Financial Reporting Officer, you will be responsible for providing direction and ensuring continued integrity of The City’s financial reporting. In addition you will manage the reputation risk of planning, organizing and assisting the organization to remain in compliance with Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS) under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), City policies and legislative reporting requirements. Your primary duties will include;
- Develop proactive long range strategic oversight and coordination to ensure continued integrity of The City’s periodic and annual reporting process.
- Prepare, coordinate and present numerous key reports to the Audit Committee.
- Advise and collaborate with Finance Management, Finance Leads, and Finance staff on implementing processes to adhere to compliance requirements through presentations, workshops, and various sessions.
- Serve as key liaison with Consolidated Related Authorities for all financial reporting matters.
- Represent The City and participate in Public Sector Accounting (PSA) Board's exposure drafts and documents to ensure The City is represented.
- Oversee and coordinate policy setting and review in accordance with PSAS, where applicable.
- Coordinate with the Tangible Capital Asset (TCA) team to develop sustainable TCA financial reporting and accounting policies and procedures with respect to PSAS.
- Perform and manage supervisory activities including recruiting, performance management, and developing the financial reporting and accounting research team.
A Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation and more than 8 years of related experience including financial reporting leadership role in a highly complex organization and experience with complex consolidations.
Significant working experience with Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is essential for this position.
Success in this position requires the ability to develop and maintain relationships to influence without authority, work collaboratively with indirect reports, excellent communication skills including presenting and interpreting results, solid strategic leadership and management capability to achieve results that are aligned with organizational goals, nurturing an environment to strengthen the workplace, and political acumen.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Business Unit: Finance
Position Type: Permanent
Location: 800 Macleod Trail S.E.
Compensation: Level G $98,270 - 154,609 Per annum
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with one day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: November 17, 2020
Job ID #: 303422
More search results
Northwest Territories Power Corporation
Director, Member Engagement and Technical Advisor…
Manager Internal Controls
Canadian Pacific Railway
Senior Accountant (Full Cycle)
Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra
Full Time Auditor/Senior Accountant
EPR Yellowknife Accounting Professionals Corporation