Manager in Assurance - Manager to Senior Manager Level
Vanderluit + Associates Inc. is a well-established Chartered Professional Accountants firm. We provide assurance, accounting, tax and consulting services to a diverse group of clients consisting of companies in the construction and professional services industries, non-profit organizations, and a variety of other small and medium privately-owned and owner-operated businesses. We pride ourselves on delivering quality service that exceeds client expectations. We are conveniently located in the Kitsilano area of Vancouver.
We are seeking an experienced Manager in Assurance - Manager to Senior Manager Level. The ideal candidate will be a CPA with a minimum of 10 years post designation public practice experience in Assurance; preferably with recent mid-size firm experience and in owner-managed businesses.
This role also offers significant opportunities for advancement, including future partnership opportunities.
Reporting to the Partners, you will be working collaboratively with a dedicated team of accounting and administrative professionals. This is an excellent career opportunity to join a great team in a growing, progressive firm with unimpeded potential to grow and learn.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Provide leadership in the preparation and completion of Review and Assurance engagements for the firm.
- Oversee the preparation and/or review of working paper files and financial statements for compilation, review and audit engagements, including applicable tax returns and other required compliance.
- Monitor client deadlines to ensure client deadlines are met.
- Supervise, train and mentor junior staff members and to review their work.
- Provide in-house seminars/lunch and learn on assurance topics to staff.
- Resolve assurance/accounting related issues with clients.
- Assist in setting up Assurance templates, where necessary.
- Staying current with all the Assurance changes and requirements.
- Working knowledge of CaseWare, CaseView, Taxprep, and the Microsoft Office together with other commonly used applications in an accounting environment.
- Working knowledge of IFRS reporting is an asset.
- Relationship building with current and future clients.
- 10 years of post-designation public practice experience in Assurance.
- Recent mid-size firm experience, an asset.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; ability to think and communicate in a logical concise fashion.
- Ability to multi-task
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- Solid technical knowledge of the CPA Canada Handbook
- Ability to identify growth opportunities and assist in business development.
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships.
As a personable team player, you value a work environment that is healthy, supportive, fast-paced, and fun. You are motivated to produce high quality work and enjoy the challenges and rewards with working in a CPA firm.
We provide a competitive salary, including medical benefits, member dues, professional development courses, and a four-day work week in the summer.
- A forgivable allowance of up to $5000 may be provided for expenses related to relocation from out of province.
Please send us your resume and a cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Northwest Territories Power Corporation
Director, Member Engagement and Technical Advisor…
Manager Internal Controls
Canadian Pacific Railway
Senior Accountant (Full Cycle)
Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra
Full Time Auditor/Senior Accountant
EPR Yellowknife Accounting Professionals Corporation